Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas at Lidl?

(27 Posts)
ItsaTenfromDen Tue 13-Oct-15 18:15:50

Just nipped in for a butternut squash. Came out with a box of christrmas biscuits and some chocolate gingerbread.

They were just putting the xmas goodies out, so come and recommend your must haves pleasesmile

we will not eat them before xmas hopefullysmile

Tiredbadger Tue 13-Oct-15 18:18:42

Mini stolen! I've eaten about 5 packets already....grin

MrsDeathOfRats Tue 13-Oct-15 18:20:53

I loved the stollen last year.
I bought a second one and hid it from dp blush
Panettone is decent. Not the bet but at £4 it's enjoyable!!

I am refraining this year as desperately trying to lose weight.

Pooseyfrumpture Tue 13-Oct-15 18:20:57

The marzipan and praline covered in chocolate bars. You wouldn't think that was a good combination, but after my extensive research over the last couple of years I can assure you that it is. You can even eat them like Twixes.

Twiceover Tue 13-Oct-15 18:29:13

Had mini stollen at a friend's today - was lush! Am going to go and stock up tomorrow.

MrsDeathOfRats Tue 13-Oct-15 22:04:04

Yes! Poosey marzipan covered in chocolate... My mum and I went through far far too many of these last year. They reduced them between Xmas and NY and we bought many thinking they would last us a while. Didn't. no shame

TheExMotherInLaw Wed 14-Oct-15 01:15:09

Christmas pud is excellent, the patterned biscuits - some have nuts on the back, some packs don't. choc covered gingerbread, gingerbread with white icing

boobubsmum Wed 14-Oct-15 01:24:23

My inlaws stock up on the mini stollen, which reminds me, I must get some in for this year!

sukysue Wed 14-Oct-15 06:28:49

Bought the favourita mince pies to try but they were very doughy too much pastry not enough filling ......still ate em haha xxx

MTWTFSS Wed 14-Oct-15 07:18:23

Mini stollen are evil!!! It is beyond impossible to keep them until Christmas without eating them!!! blush

chandelierswinger Wed 14-Oct-15 19:05:31

I concur that the mini stollen are evil. They make good people do bad things. Bought some last year to put away and ate the whole packet, in one go, in the Lidl car park and disposed of both my receipt and the evidence so as not to let on

Highly recommend the lebkuchen and the choc santas go down well with the DCs.

Pooseyfrumpture Fri 16-Oct-15 09:54:54

MrsDeathOfRats my Dps live opposite Lidl grin and bought an entire box lots last year and then they gave me two every time I saw them which was very frequently until they ran out. I even had two past the sell by date shock I almost got sick of them hmm but it's been a few months now. Got to be the praline and marzipan though.

DrasticAction Fri 16-Oct-15 10:09:54

lebchuken (sp) and goose.

MooseyMoo Fri 16-Oct-15 13:57:02

Just bought mini stollen and butter fudge with Christmas spices. I haven eaten any yet as I can't taste anything at moment - thank you stupid annoying cold

ShatnersBassoon Fri 16-Oct-15 14:01:06

Stollen bites. Lidl's knock Aldi's into a cocked hat. I make a trip, or six, especially for these little beauties.

DrasticAction Fri 16-Oct-15 19:16:01

grin

I MUST or perhaps should steer clear of these stollen things grin i got through enough xmas food last year from there, not doing it aain

cozietoesie Fri 16-Oct-15 19:35:33

Ohhhhh. Mini stollen. I was hoping they'd have them in again this year. I pigged every single one of them last year with no-one else getting a look in. And they freeze!

(Last went to Lidl before they had the Xmas goodies put out.)

d270r0 Sat 17-Oct-15 07:14:01

Ha ha chandelier, I'm glad its not just me who does naughty things like that!
I like the little alcohol filled chocolates, especially the ones with advocaat in!

sukysue Sun 18-Oct-15 08:40:22

Their marzipan bars used to be vegan by default! the choc was very dark with no milk or eggs in them the Xmas ones are different and l can't see the plain ones anymore anyone know if they are still doing them please ? Thank you

NotCitrus Sun 18-Oct-15 09:01:42

They didn't have the tawny port in yet on Friday. I'm waiting for that and the black truffle tortellini.
And the stollen. The puddings were OK but Sainsburys were better.

Littlemousewithcloggson Sun 18-Oct-15 09:56:21

I think there is something wrong with the mini Stollen. Bought a packet yesterday and by the time I got out of the car park home it had mysteriously vanished

FireflyGirl Sun 18-Oct-15 10:02:01

They have marzipan bars covered in chocolate in Home Bargains - they're in a yellow box with the sweets but you'll be lucky to find them as I buy a month's supply every time I'm there.

Love the Stollen from Lidl...mmm... although, Aldi have the sugar roasted almonds you get at the Christmas markets grin

Is it any wonder I haven't lost the baby weight...

notenoughbottle Sun 18-Oct-15 16:53:47

Bought a panettone and a bag of the lebkuchen. Looks yummy! Will be going back for more. Haven't seen the fudge in our local one yet and have never tried stollen before, so I might have to pick up some of that too...

Jackmelad Sun 18-Oct-15 19:38:58

They had fudge today. And a whole host of other Christmas goodies.

WoodleyPixie Sun 18-Oct-15 20:11:53

The fudge is awful especially the salted caramel one don't buy any leave it all for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now