Talk

Advanced search

instax camera for DD6?

(7 Posts)
MissHoney15 Tue 06-Oct-15 10:08:34

Anyone got one? I know she would love it as those vtech things look rubbish. I just worry she would not appreciate the cost of the films and use wisely iykwim? I've also seen a hello kitty one which looks great. I'm struggling for ideas as she has birthday right before Christmas so have to have lots of ideas!!!

Sweaterweather Tue 06-Oct-15 10:39:19

The thing that puts me off, as you say, is the cost of the film. I think you can only take 10 pictures at a time and for a younger child they won't appreciate that they can't just take photos of anything and everything. If you can pick up a cheap digital camera instead it would probably go down better - she'll want to be able to use the camera, not have to save photos because the film is so expensive.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Tue 06-Oct-15 21:57:47

Is like an old Polaroid - they used to come with 10 shots in a film? And the flashbulb was extra. Again, 10 flashes per bar. I got one when I was six and bloody loved it but I hardly ever had film for it as it was soooo expensive!

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 06-Oct-15 22:03:39

DD had one for her birthday and loves it. She is 14 and understands the cost of film. Some come with 20 shots. She spends ages lining up a shot and doesn't over-use it. The film is too expensive to use it as a toy, it's about £1 a picture.

PesoPenguin Wed 07-Oct-15 07:30:54

It sounds lovely, but if your 6 year old is like my 6 year old, the film won't last til the end of Christmas morning! I think kids these days are used to taking photos all the time and just deleting them when they don't want them. The other day I found DS had taken 40 selfies on my phone and his I pad is filled with pictures of random things and selfies.

MissHoney15 Wed 07-Oct-15 12:32:59

I've decided to get this...

ink{http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Instax-Hello-Instant-Camera/dp/B00OT7W6O8\www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Instax-Hello-Instant-Camera/dp/B00OT7W6O]]8}

Just because I know she will love it. She will have to learn re film usage! I am going to get her a scrapbook to go with it. I know if I get her a digital I will never get them printed out for her! She wanted that kidizoom one but I think it's tat. smile

NicoleWatterson Wed 07-Oct-15 13:39:59

I decided to just get a normal digital camera because I know she will cost me a small fortune in film.
She had a disposable one to use once and really couldn't grasp the 'one chance' and no delete idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now