Talk

Advanced search

playmobil advent calendars?

(12 Posts)
dannyboyle Sun 20-Sep-15 22:10:35

so are they worth it and which is best for 2 non girly girls aged 5 and 3. traditional Christmas is fine as we are Christians although not regular church attendees. Thanks

WidowWadman Sun 20-Sep-15 22:12:33

Brilliant value, would definitely recommend

VictorJames Sun 20-Sep-15 22:13:34

this one is lovely. Playmobil advent calendars are so good! Defintiely worth is as you can reuse the set and get lots of play from it

WhispersOfWickedness Sun 20-Sep-15 22:14:30

We have had a few different ones over the past few years smile
I tend to get them in the sale, so £10 or under, and I do think they are worth the sale price, we've had some really nice unusual things that I've not seen in the main sets smile
There's quite a lot of choice as well, so quite Christmassy themed ones as well as others such as pirate or princess ones.

Oldraver Sun 20-Sep-15 23:32:21

DS still insists on getting out the Woodland scene one, its probably 5/6 years old now. It has got a few bits of sellotape holding it up and the boxes are getting tatty but he loves it. We had the Central Park one but didnt think to save the scene so the bits are added to this

Last year we had a Christmas police one and this year he has the Dragons (was on offer for £9.87)

I have bought my 2 year old niece the 1-2-3 one, but not sure if it would be a bit young for your dc's

springalong Mon 21-Sep-15 00:07:16

Wow - I would be interested in the sale prices - is that before Xmas or after?

Letustryagain Mon 21-Sep-15 06:59:20

We've had them for the last three years. We started with the Woodland Forest and then last year we got the one linked to further up thread (Santa and the Sleigh). However this year we've splashed out and got this one... I know it's expensive but we did manage to get it slightly cheaper £19.99 inc P&P by googling...

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IF1W4KK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1PK0TK5AB68PHKED1CED&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

It's got a Xmas tree that lights up!! I'm not sure who will be more excited... I'm figuring though that DD has the Princess Castle in her bedroom and the Preschool and Playground in the lounge so the Xmas Eve bits and bobs will make a nice edition to one of them...

Letustryagain Mon 21-Sep-15 07:00:14

edition???? Jeez, I know it's early morning but honestly!! Addition!!!!!

dannyboyle Mon 21-Sep-15 09:40:05

Thanks all. So where is the cheapest place to get? I was figuring amazon but looks like I may be wrong?

horsewalksintoabar Mon 21-Sep-15 09:43:05

We LOVE ours! I bought it years ago second hand and it really is the highlight of our decorations. My eldest for whom it was bought, is now a teen but he loves it just as much as his young siblings. It's nostalgic and fun. As I said, ours is second hand so once upon a time it belonged to 'Lucy', whose name is on the box. Sweet. smile

Oldraver Mon 21-Sep-15 11:10:27

You have to keep looking on Amazon...The Dragons one I got for £10 is now dearer. Ebay sometims have bargains as well

One thing about Playmobil is you can order spare parts on their website, you take the serial number of the part which is on the instructions and use that. When I can get to it I'm going to see if I can get a new Forest scene

Oldraver Mon 21-Sep-15 11:14:06

Letus..I wnat the light up Christmas Tree for myself, if I can figure where to put it. I already have the Nativity Scene and Wise Men

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now