Talk

Advanced search

Christmassy activities around Manchester

(11 Posts)
NotPennysBoat Mon 17-Aug-15 16:08:23

Does anyone have ideas for Christmassy things to do in and around Manchester? DS is 4 this year and I'm looking for a really great Santa experience as well as panto and other festive things to do. I'm in South Mchr (Altrincham) but can travel!

onehellofaride Mon 17-Aug-15 18:04:02

The polar express is fab but it's at Weardale near Durham. Also stockeld park is great at Christmas, it's near Leeds. I will try and think of some more.

DogWalker75 Mon 17-Aug-15 18:16:47

Place marking as we're not too far from Altrincham. Do silver blades do anything Christmassy? I'd imagine they would do.

fabuLou Mon 17-Aug-15 18:21:03

Trafford centre Santa used to be fab, we moved from the area 4 years ago so not sure now. My dcs also loved the singing xmas tree.

mrschatty Mon 17-Aug-15 18:24:33

Place making! I'm manchester and on mat leave at Christmas

NewLife4Me Mon 17-Aug-15 18:26:06

Trafford Centre have the ice skating rink at Christmas and lots of indoor activities too.
Also check out Chill Factor for seasonal stuff.

Glitteryarse Mon 17-Aug-15 18:28:24

Oooooh in not too far from altrincham either.

I was wondering if Dunham Massy would be doing anything this year as previous years apparently it was nice - father Xmas and carol singers.

Can't cope with the Trafford center at Xmas although Christmas eve last year was really quiet !

Charismas markets in Manchester center are good

Intrested in seeing some more responses

NewLife4Me Mon 17-Aug-15 18:29:24

Just remembered their are lots of cheap concerts at Bridgewater Hall, RNCM all Christmas related.
Halle Orchestra and choirs have events too.
Christmas Markets great for all the family and all ages.

fabuLou Mon 17-Aug-15 18:53:49

German market in city centre

lunar1 Tue 18-Aug-15 14:38:25

There was a brilliant winter wonderland at event city near the Trafford centre last year, I've not checked yet to see if they are doing it again.

abbaroony Wed 19-Aug-15 12:03:05

I think Tatton normally have a few christmassy things on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now