Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Crackers?

(9 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 14-Aug-15 20:23:59

Anyone got any favourites or recommendations? So far I fancy these Racing Robins ones.

TheWoollybacksWife Fri 14-Aug-15 21:46:38

Those robin ones are cute.

Last year I bought "Fill Your Own" crackers at John Lewis for £2.50. They should have been £5 but came up half price for some reason. Then I bought nice bits and bobs to put in them so they were more like a table gift. I put people's names on them too, so they were also place settings ignores the fact that everyone sat in their normal places at the table anyway The contents went down very well with my family - but it wasn't cheap blush. However, given their three-in-one role they were practically a bargain grin

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 14-Aug-15 21:52:10

I would like some musical ones - you can get sets of 8 with whistles or little bells (so an octave) and you can then play tunes.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 15-Aug-15 14:10:33

Take it you are a musical family then Rhinestone? The thought of my family getting hold of bells and whistles in Christmas Day is enough to send me to drink, and it's only August grin

Anymore for anymore?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 15-Aug-15 14:11:23

Sorry Woolly forgot to say thanks, they sound lovely.

mrsdavidbowie Sat 15-Aug-15 14:11:31

I love fill your own crackers.

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 15-Aug-15 14:35:31

Slightly irritating noise makers are part of our family Christmas tradition wink

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Aug-15 20:24:53

i bought the John Lewis Reindeer ones last year (pale blue with a brown deer) then had to plan my table round the blue grin

This year it'll be green/gold, if I can find nice ones, or just plain gold.
I love the look of the Tom Smith ones in Costco (they are ££) but I reckon this year I'll buy them and not the Table Sweets that no blighter eats.

I had a look at the M&S (on 3 for 2 usually) but some of the gifts were too adult.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Aug-15 08:29:00

Rhinestone that sounds like perfect hell for me fun, but then I do get irrated by noise quite a bit smile

70 that is super organised. I don't even know where we are going yet! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now