Talk

Advanced search

Christmas film for 3.5 yr old

(15 Posts)
LittleMissLady Fri 14-Aug-15 08:36:31

Dd will be 3.5 by Christmas. She isn't a big film watcher yet, she watches frozen but is only interested in the singing. Same with lion king.

I want to do a Christmas Eve shoe box this year to start the tradition: pj's, hot chocolate (maybe) some gingerbread or something and a token to cuddle up and watch a film but I've no idea what film to start her with?? Maybe just a long episode of something?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Chocolateteabag Fri 14-Aug-15 08:53:27

How about the Gruffalo & Gruffalos child? Both are short to keep her attention? Room on the broom is also good.
But all of the above may be on tv at Christmas anyway

Timmy time Christmas special? My Ds1 will watch that even at 4.5 (but he does have ds2 to "explain it to")

LittleMissLady Fri 14-Aug-15 08:55:57

Oooo, yes, she loves the gruffalo and room on the broom books already! Hadn't thought about the programs.
I will have to make certain to record them! Thanks for that

TheImprobableGirl Fri 14-Aug-15 08:58:03

At 3.5 my dd was starting on polar express, absolutely loved mickeys once upon a Christmas and mickeys twice upon a Christmas, and just getting into things like home alone etc smile

Hobbes8 Fri 14-Aug-15 08:59:05

Arthur Christmas is a nice one, although she might struggle to concentrate all the way through.

I'm wondering what age they'll be into Elf.

BooChunky Fri 14-Aug-15 09:06:04

My four year old is obsessed with Elf... She watches it so often she's practically ruined it for me wink

BooChunky Fri 14-Aug-15 09:06:52

How about Mickeys once / twice upon a Christmas or Santa Buddies?

LittleMissLady Fri 14-Aug-15 09:14:46

Polar express! Yay!
I'll check out mickeys as well.

Thanks all

Hardtoknow Fri 14-Aug-15 09:14:55

Peppa, Ben & Holly, Postman Pat etc all have Christmas specials which you can get on DVD so I might stick to one of those.

Hardtoknow Fri 14-Aug-15 09:15:38

Obviously there's the Snowman too.

tanya1312 Mon 17-Aug-15 17:08:32

My lil one was obsessed with the grinch last year he was just coming up 3yrs old xx

LittleMissLady Mon 17-Aug-15 18:15:38

Yes, I wondered about the grinch.
Dd is a delicate little thing everyone and then when she isn't trampling her brother and desperately trying to break everything in sight and I'm just not sure the slightly darker elements wouldn't scared her

ComingRoundTheMountain Mon 17-Aug-15 22:17:55

Mine love the Raymond Brigg's Father Christmas goes on holiday one.

siblingrevelryagain Mon 17-Aug-15 22:31:52

There's a cbeebies one (on amazon) it's a collection of Xmas specials like balamory/Charlie & Lola. Some are shows no longer on cbeebies; I watched things like fimbles, big cook/little cook & boogie beebies with my sons when they were little (now 8 & 6) but my daughter loved the whole DVD last year (and when she rediscovered it again recently). She was 3.2 last Xmas.

NeverNic Tue 18-Aug-15 08:52:00

My son loves The Snowman and the Snowdog. It's about 20mins long and beautiful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: