Talk

Advanced search

Lapland

(9 Posts)
nickdrakeslovechild Thu 30-Jul-15 22:36:33

Hi has anyone been to lapland? I am looking at it for Christmas 2016, but would like recommendations please as its a lot of money. Has anyone been and had good and bad experiences and any recommendations for operators?

inmyheadimthequeen Thu 30-Jul-15 22:38:51

Yes we have been twice but a few years ago now. Amazing trip and well worth it. We went to Saariselska (sp??) both times. I think I put the info on a thread before, I'll have a look.

inmyheadimthequeen Thu 30-Jul-15 22:44:01

december2013 this is the original thread (hope it links, I've not done that before.

Juby18 Thu 30-Jul-15 22:44:09

We went last Christmas with Thomson to their winter wonderland (bears lodge) it really was a winter wonderland, worth ever single penny! We have the most amazing memories from our 4 nights there- do it!

inmyheadimthequeen Thu 30-Jul-15 22:45:00

Not sure if that is working - you can search the talk archive under lapland December 2013

defineme Thu 30-Jul-15 22:48:47

I loved our trip there, but it was madness to do a day trip...spend a night or 2. I will never forget being on a sledge pulled by huskies going across a vast frozen lake in the dark-magic.

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 30-Jul-15 22:54:28

thank you for all the replies, I found the thread Esprit seems to be the best one. Yay! My LO will be 5 then, is that a good age to go?

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 30-Jul-15 23:03:32

I have just had a good look on esprit website and it looks AMAZING! I have always wanted to go and now I have a DD she wants to go! What a great thing to do. So so excited.

attheendoftheday Thu 30-Jul-15 23:22:21

Just marking my place as we're looking at this for Christmas 2016 too.

Thanks for the link to the other thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now