Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for 15yo

(12 Posts)
TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Tue 28-Jul-15 15:48:42

Please inspire with ideas for a 15yo child of a friend. I want to spend about £10-£15 and I have no idea what's popular for this age group.

Boutonneux Tue 28-Jul-15 19:03:09

Boy or girl?

I find girls of that age much easier to buy for. Make up, smellies, pretty much anything from New Look or Top Shop, purses, handbags, pretty gloves/scarf, nail polishes... obviously this is all assuming she's into that sort of thing grin

Boys of that age - not so easy. My nephew is 16 and I find him so difficult. He's all about his x-box and when your budget is £20 or less you won't get much gaming related for that!

crje Tue 28-Jul-15 19:05:36

i tunes voucher
Novelty pjs
Big box of sweets

scatterthenuns Tue 28-Jul-15 19:06:06

Impossible to tell without more information! By 15 they are real people, with distinct interests! You wouldn't just say, I need to buy a present for a friend, what should I get? Would you?

Even the gender binary isn't good enough. We could be dealing with a science-nut, piano playing bookworm, or a football loving social butterfly, or a makeup mad future party girl.

Any clues to help us?

pinkje Tue 28-Jul-15 19:06:14

What about a voucher towards a cinema visit. Depending where you are £15 might buy you entry for 2 teens.

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Tue 28-Jul-15 20:58:14

She's intelligent and likes writing, wants to be a journalist but I don't think she'd be that keen on a book. I don't want to get a "girly" gift such as smellies or make-up, I want to give her something more interesting and imaginative. She's good at science but wouldn't openly say that so something sciency but not obviously sciency would be good.

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Tue 28-Jul-15 20:58:56

And I'm not a fan of giving vouchers or cash.

scatterthenuns Tue 28-Jul-15 21:07:28

Would something like this work?

www.paperchase.co.uk/stationery/writing/writing-sets/boxed-writing-set-wild-life.html

daisydalrymple Tue 28-Jul-15 21:13:14

Try browsing online at national history museum gift shop type places, you may find something suitable there. (Science museum?) if you find things you like, see if they're on Amazon for the people also looked at / bought links). Also, I pore over the glossy magazines in the build up to Christmas, I love their gift selection suggestion pages. They usually have a page of varied suggestions for teens.

WeirdCatLady Tue 28-Jul-15 21:19:23

Another vote for Paperchase. Everything in that shop is gorgeous.

RockySpeed Wed 29-Jul-15 13:41:47

How about a 'wreck this journal'? Was thinking of getting these for my teenage nieces and nephews this year smile

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Wed 29-Jul-15 20:41:05

Wreck this Journal looks great, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now