Talk

Advanced search

Xboxone or ps4?

(16 Posts)
Sloegin2 Fri 24-Jul-15 23:12:31

I've saved up and have enough to buy my boys a joint gift. I'm thinking xboxone vs ps4, just wondered if there's much difference or based on personal choice :-)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Jul-15 23:26:01

My 15yo has the XBox One (bought last year) and the XBox 360 (bought a few years ago)

I can't remember why he chose the XBox over the PlayStation (I'll ask him tomorrow)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Jul-15 23:27:36

Though come to think of it, his mates all had XBox 360 so he could do the multi player online games, I think that was the main influence.

RockySpeed Sat 25-Jul-15 07:19:17

We've gone for PS4 - have no idea why though! (Helpful smile)

Kerberos Sat 25-Jul-15 07:24:38

Find out what their friends have. You can only play online with people on the same console.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 26-Jul-15 19:02:13

I asked DS .
he said they are pretty similar price wise and useage but it depends on who you want to play online with.

Is it a surprise for your DC or can you find out beforehand.

BooChunky Wed 29-Jul-15 15:29:36

I had this conundrum last year, and went for the PS4... (For DH though rather than a DC) because that's what most people we know have!

Guitargirl Wed 29-Jul-15 15:34:26

I think Sheldon has the same conundrum in the Big Bang Theory <helpful>

Maryz Wed 29-Jul-15 15:39:17

It depends which their friends have.

It's also worth remembering that the PS is automatically online. For the Xbox you need a dongle thingie and to pay a fee per 3/6/12 months.

In our case I didn't want them playing online so we went for the Xbox which (according to ds) has better and cheaper games and better graphics. But if they are going to just play one or two games and play online with random strangers friends, the PS4 is probably the way to go.

You should ask them, though. It's an expensive mistake if you get it wrong.

Maryz Wed 29-Jul-15 15:40:06

<aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgh> I've just posted on a Christmas thread blush

<goes to wash mouth out with soap>

It's July [sob]

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 29-Jul-15 15:50:07

It's nearly August though Maryz nearly August. fwink

D'you want me to tell you how many days till Christmas?

<<ducks>>

Didn't think so grin

gamerchick Wed 29-Jul-15 15:55:51

Heh I did have to check whether it was the Christmas topic or not... It's nearly August grin

I would ask OP and if you do go for the Xbox, wait until the one with the bigger hardrive is released. I'm still spitting after forking out for 2 and finding out that.

Also 360 games will be backwards compatible with the one by the end of the year so if Xbox is the console of choice atm then get the one.

I really would ask though as its too expensive to get wrong.

The one has built in wifi so no dongle needed.

Guitargirl Wed 29-Jul-15 16:32:08

fshock at spotting MaryZ on a Christmas thread.

In July.

fgrin

Maryz Wed 29-Jul-15 17:37:07

Oh feck off you lot.

I was being helpful <huffs>

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 29-Jul-15 17:57:31

Ah well, if you step onto The Dark Side maryz ............ fwink

CordeliaFoxx Wed 29-Jul-15 18:15:25

We have a PS4 and xbox360, the PSN network is dearer than xbox live gold, on the PS4 you need to subscription level to play online which you didn't need with PS3 (for example plants vs zombies needs subscription on PS4 but not PS3).

Hope that makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now