Talk

Advanced search

No clue what to get a 1yo and a 4yo

(9 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 23-Jul-15 22:26:32

The 1yo DS turns one late Oct and the 4yo DD turns four six days before Christmas. Totally stuck on what to get them.

All I can think is to get DD a hula hoop, a Globe and a skipping rope. All I can think to get DS is all of DDs old Happylands back out the cupboard grin which would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that DD will wonder why Santa hasnt brought new stuff.

We have a Play Kitchen, a wooden train track (DD is totally uninterested so thatll go to DS when he turns two), scooter, mini trampoline, and DD had a plastic rocking horse which will be coming back out for DS.

Help!? Two birthdays and two christmases and no ideas.

BunnyRuddington Fri 24-Jul-15 09:10:51

How about a annual pass to a local zoo for farm for DS? He won't know what you buy him and will enjoy the days out with you. One thing our DS loved was one of those wooden push alongside containing wooden blocks. Lots of fun pushing it around and later building things with the blocks.

Has DD got a bike? The Melissa and Doug food play sets are worth looking at too.

mrsmeerkat Fri 24-Jul-15 09:13:46

Ikea do these lillabo toy figure (little people - set of five - and they would both love them!) Mine spends ages taking them apart and putting together

What about getting lots of art and craft stuff and wrapping it up if you dont want to buy tat

Dressing up hats?

Scuttlebug for one year old will go down well and not overly expensive

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 24-Jul-15 09:17:36

Was going to suggest a board game for dd. Orchard games have some great ones for 4 year olds.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 24-Jul-15 09:36:08

Just thought of a shape sorter for DS or bath toys. We try to do outdoor type presents for birthdays and indoor for Christmas but you might want to consider swapping those around.

Will pop back if I think of anything else smile

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 24-Jul-15 12:09:00

DD had a Scuttlebug which she is too tall for now so that is waiting for DS.

Imperial Sat 25-Jul-15 18:53:05

Magnatiles are expensive but brilliant

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 25-Jul-15 19:25:03

Never heard of magnatiles, have you got a link? smile

ISpidersmanYouMeanPirate Sat 25-Jul-15 19:32:29

DS1 is getting a play mobile castle for his 4th birthday. He also likes jigsaw puzzles (and cars, planes and trains...)

DS2 is 1 and loves the toy food for the kitchen, cars and buses. And balls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now