Talk

Advanced search

Our Generation Dolls - are they worth it?

(7 Posts)
Elsashmelsa Thu 16-Jul-15 07:51:50

DD (age 6) has taken a liking to these and I don't know anyone who has them...

Does your DC have one and if so are they worth the money???

TIA

hippoherostandinghere Thu 16-Jul-15 08:52:30

We don't have any but my DH works in a major toy shop and he says they have been a massive hit and are flying out, a big craze to come from the US apparently.

Buttercupsandaisies Thu 16-Jul-15 22:40:07

Yes dds have them from smyths. They're fab...mine think they're American girl dolls and I ordered American girl accessories on Amazon to go with them

Elsashmelsa Fri 17-Jul-15 19:42:35

Thank you both. I had better camelcamelcamel them in amazon then and try and catch them when they drop in price... if they are that popular they will drop them at some point before xmas I'm sure...

hippoherostandinghere Sat 18-Jul-15 18:18:04

smyths always have a 20% of all stock in sept so you might get them cheaper that way.

lisbapalea Tue 17-Nov-15 16:14:39

Just resurrecting this thread for any more advice / feedback on these My Generation dolls - are the ones that come with a matching outfit (for the child to wear) the most popular? I am not mad keen but think dd would love to have a clone!!

Also, any recommendations on where to get them at the best price?

The alternative (not requested by DD, just my idea) was to get a doll that wets / cries etc but as DD is almost 6yrs I thought that might be a bit babyish (especially as she has a 2yr old sister who loves playing with baby dolls), so wondered if one of these might be more 'sophisticated'.

VinoTime Tue 17-Nov-15 22:10:21

I bought my 8 year old DD a Sienna OG doll and this spare outfit for it in the Very 3 for 2 event. Managed to get the Shopkins ice cream truck playset for free.

It's a beautiful doll and I know DD will absolutely cherish her. My daughter's still very 'young' (I have a few friends and work colleagues telling me their 7/8 yo DD's have 'grown out of' toys now fshock) and I plan on keeping her that way as long as possible fgrin

I would absolutely invest in one. They're a lot cheaper than American Girl dolls but from everything I've seen, OG dolls are just a good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now