Talk

Advanced search

Please help me make a directory of alternative shops/sellers that make hand made beautiful items...

(6 Posts)
MTWTFSS Tue 14-Jul-15 10:02:38

This Christmas I have decided I do not want to buy from the usual Amazon/Boots/Argos, but I find looking on Etsy/NOTHS a little too overwhelming sad So instead could we please make here a list of sellers that make handmade beautiful items (with pictures would be helpful) so I can buy knowing the money goes to the maker and not the corporation!

TIA smile

bellybuttonfluffy Wed 22-Jul-15 21:27:43

Not got any specific sellers to mind, but Folksy is a great site! Much like etsy, but all the sellers are UK based so helps with the carbon footprint too!

OlivesAreLush Wed 22-Jul-15 21:32:47

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/175851963/embroidered-photo-prop-hoop?ref=shop_home_active_11

My friend recently had one of these made and it made me smile. (she is not in this photo, in case you were wondering). I might do something similar for the PILs, with a picture of my DCs.

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Wed 22-Jul-15 21:48:21

www.facebook.com/pages/Under-Rainbows/171652652869706

Custom made Waldorf dolls. You need to order them with plenty of time to be made but the snuggle buddies are smaller and quicker to make. Gorgeous dolls, really special

spookshowangel.com/collections/children-baby/products/hand-crafted-skulls-and-roses-baby-sleepsuit-rock-chick

These appliqué baby and kids clothes look better in real life, they are really pretty and nicely done. She does custom hoodies with kids names on, I'd post a pic of my son in his but you know!

www.madebyjacksmum.com/#!gallery/cyvh

She makes genuinely brilliant and professional quality kids clothes and cloth nappies.

HolgerDanske Wed 22-Jul-15 21:49:20

Some Facebook sellers are very good.

I like the following:

Justine Hadfield glass

Betsy Boo creations (for children's clothing and liberty scarves, and personalised cushions)

Flossy Teacake

Lynne Day - Glass artist

Suzie Jasper (jewellery)

Sam Cannon Art

Julia Crossland Art

Just Mosaics

And many others.

If you like and follow a few of these you will come upon many more artists and artisans through their pages.

mysteryfairy Wed 22-Jul-15 21:58:58

Not exactly what you asked but keep an eye out for art fairs, makers fairs, art trails, open studios etc. In my experience you can pick up some really nice things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now