Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 1 year old....

(12 Posts)
excitedforbaba Tue 16-Jun-15 20:25:36

Hi

I can't believe I'm thinking 6 months ahead but DD will be 1 at the end of November so this will be the first proper Christmas where we will see some excitement.

What ideas can you give me for her that I can choose some for birthday & some for Christmas?

She wasn't even 4 weeks for her first Christmas and she had more under the tree than us put together!

Ems1812 Tue 16-Jun-15 20:32:13

They really do get so much, it's crazy! My DS got tons last year, he's only 18 months!

Some things we got him for his 1st birthday & Christmas (his birthday is only 6 days before Xmas) included-

- An activity cube

www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Safari-Wooden-Activity-Cube/454951,default,pd.html#q=Activity%20cube

- A bouncy rabbit

www.mothercare.com/ELC-Hop-Along-Rabbit/134307,default,pd.html

- Smart trike

www.mothercare.com/Smart-Trike-Recliner---Black/129376,default,pd.html#q=Smart%20trike

He still loves & uses all of these so definitely worth it!

excitedforbaba Tue 16-Jun-15 23:51:58

Thanks Ems smart trike is on a list Somewhere already!
Activity cube is a fab suggestion thank you! smile

NogbagTheBag Wed 17-Jun-15 15:30:19

I have two winter babies (jan and feb) and if you can, I'd advise getting something they'll get to use in the summer.

DS2 (16mo) has a scuttle bug that he loves. I think he'd like one of those happy hopperz bouncy cow things if we had the garden for it!

Fresh01 Thu 18-Jun-15 20:39:15

3 out of my 4 have birthdays near Xmas so I agree with getting some garden toys eg. Small slide or keep some money aside to get some in summer. They gets heaps at Xmas, when you add in extended family, but really do need some summer toys.

Other ideas:
Wooden block cart
Sit n ride
Board books and flip the flap books
Shape sorters
Bath toys
Balls

LillyBugg Thu 18-Jun-15 20:59:31

What is with those smart trike things? I see them everywhere but are they not just an awkward version of a pushchair? I don't get it.

Sorry OP... DS will be 16 months at Christmas so I'm interested to!

thatstoast Thu 18-Jun-15 21:08:47

Can't believe I'm a posting on a Xmas thread in June but...

My cynical voice of experience would be to let everyone else bombard him with stuff and buy what he actually needs in the January sales. DS turned 1 in January and Christmas/birthday was excessive.

excitedforbaba Fri 19-Jun-15 22:11:06

I think (on June) we are going to go with the cosy coupe, the activity cube, a wee ride on truck thing & a my first pram type thing.

Potentialy one from Santa one from us at Christmas then the smaller of them for birthdays.

The coupe can be used in the summer when she's that bit older.

Toast I actually think that's a great idea but the inner child in me lobes to shop for Christmas and have all on Christmas morning... Then the shopaholic comes out & I want to buy more in Jan sales but can't afford too!

Callofthewild Sat 20-Jun-15 15:00:40

Of all the things DTD's got for their first birthday and Christmas (which was a couple of months later) the things that 6-8 months later on are still played with everyday are their ride and rolls and the ikea kitchen.

MTWTFSS Sun 21-Jun-15 17:27:02

Tomy eggs smile

BuildersBum Mon 06-Jul-15 20:41:01

Money towards an extended rear facing car seat.

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Mon 06-Jul-15 21:26:50

Some nice cutlery for weaning that she can keep. I say this because my grandmother kept the cutlery we had as children and gave it to my daughter when she was born and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now