Talk

Advanced search

Those Quality Street tubs...

(8 Posts)
SisterMoonshine Thu 01-Jan-15 12:17:02

...the plastic ones.
Can they go in the recycling?

SillyBub Thu 01-Jan-15 12:20:43

It depends on your council's recycling rules. I can recycle them (I can recycle all plastics except plastic bags) but my DM who lives down the road but in a different borough, wouldn't be able to.

BathshebaDarkstone Thu 01-Jan-15 12:23:55

We put them in and let the recycling men sort them out. fblush

ArgyMargy Thu 01-Jan-15 12:26:24

Unless something is specifically mentioned on the council website as not being acceptable, I err on the side of putting it in.

lucysmam Thu 01-Jan-15 15:46:52

I put in anything I'm not sure about & let the recycling men collect it or not - if it's left (like juice and ice cream cartons atm) then I know not to bother for a while again. I do occasionally put them out to see again though.

SisterMoonshine Thu 01-Jan-15 16:04:10

That's the thing, I sometimes can't make out what the council will and won't take: 'yes' to carriers bags / 'no' to crisp bags etc
They take most things though, so I was going to see if many of yours took the tubs and if they do, assume ours might well too.

Thanks. I'll put them in.

SillyBub Thu 01-Jan-15 19:00:17

Ah, all our recycling is mixed together and goes into one large wheely bin so there's no knowing if I've got something wrong, it'll just be rejected at the processing plant.

Davros Thu 01-Jan-15 21:04:35

You should be able to find out what they take at the council website. Ours would take a plastic tub but you can't put stuff in to see if they take it or not. If they spot something unsuitable they leave a tag in the bin saying it contains stuff that can't be recycled and leave the whole lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now