Talk

Advanced search

Is there anywhere that DC can send thank you letters to Father Christmas?

(13 Posts)
LittleMissMerryChristmas Mon 29-Dec-14 20:47:57

The DC have some thank you letters and they would like to send one each to Father Christmas. I have had a google but it just seems to be addresses for sending letters before Christmas and not after.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Thank you.

Xmas2014Santa2014 Mon 29-Dec-14 20:48:46

up the chimney

milkysmum Mon 29-Dec-14 20:52:22

Surely you just send them to any 'father christmas address' does it matter? Royal Mail will just bin them but your dc's won't know thiswink

LittleMissMerryChristmas Mon 29-Dec-14 20:55:12

Xmas we don't have a chimney smile

milkysmum I wasn't sure if there was anywhere that would send a reply like they do before Christmas. It doesn't really matter but they have never asked before so just thought it might be nice.

ReallyBadParty Mon 29-Dec-14 20:56:20

Do you have a nice local Post Office? We "sent" one before via our friendly post master.

MarjorieMelon Mon 29-Dec-14 20:59:39

I doubt you would get a reply. People don't normally thank you for saying thanks. When would it stop? grin

LittleMissMerryChristmas Mon 29-Dec-14 21:04:22

ReallyBadParty no not really as we live in a city, though on the outskirts, and I don't really use the post office.

MarjorieMelon that's a good point. I will send them tomorrow and if they ask I will say that they probably won't get a reply.

MarjorieMelon Mon 29-Dec-14 21:07:10

Or you could get some Father Christmas paper and type a letter yourself they will never know.

LittleMissMerryChristmas Mon 29-Dec-14 21:10:50

Father Christmas did write them a letter on Christmas eve to explain why he couldn't take all of the 11 carrots that they had left out for his reindeer so I think I will do that when they have gone back to school.

Thank you.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Mon 29-Dec-14 21:14:44

Say that his elves will come back and collect them. Then hide them for a keepsake for when they much older. I still have my teen DD letter to santa.

Agree with the not writing back after thank you cards otherwise where does it end

Nativity3 Mon 29-Dec-14 21:18:28

If you can't find anywhere to send a reply, I'll send them a reply if you want! grin

LittleMissMerryChristmas Mon 29-Dec-14 22:01:53

Nativity3 that is very kind of you to offer. I was just thinking of a "I'm glad you liked your presents and will see you next year" rather than a thank you for the thank you smile

fullcircleagain Mon 29-Dec-14 23:51:25

We wrote some lovely letters last year and took them to the post office. The lady said it was the first time she had been asked but thought we would get a reply. We never did. It's a shame but I guess I can understand it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now