Talk

Advanced search

DD (7) next week - hit presents from Xmas?

(41 Posts)
felttippens Mon 29-Dec-14 10:45:10

I'm all out of ideas ! What went down well with yours ? 6-9 yrs? X

supermariossister Mon 29-Dec-14 10:56:34

minecraft Lego a hit here, rollercopter. ds loved his furby and plays with it a lot which suprised me. loved his minecraft pickaxe. Lego chima was popular and ss was really happy with his electricity set from maplin it is like a hot wires set.

clr2014 Mon 29-Dec-14 10:59:30

Sew cool. Dd is 7 and has been making the wee kits completely independently.

Having said that, a £2 hula hoop from home bargains has been the mostplayed with toy!

RubberDuck Mon 29-Dec-14 11:02:27

A bit older, but if your DD has a Nintendo 3DS, Pokemon Omega Ruby was tremendously popular. So much so, that DS (aged 10) completely forgot to wake us up on Christmas morning because he was so absorbed grin. Looking at the gameplay - looks suitable and fun for a 7 year old too.

calamitySloeGin Mon 29-Dec-14 11:06:43

My little pony equestria dolls.

My little pony rainbow crystal kingdom castle

Flutterbye fairy (yes it crashes and needs constant charging but she totally loves it)

WUME Mon 29-Dec-14 11:11:51

Books (Maltilda was the biggest hit)

Sleeping Queens game has been the most played and is great for adults as it doesn't last too long.

Anything frozen - She got a lot of practical Frozen stuff (towel, duvet cover, pj's, dressing gown, knickers, socks) and loved it all

Her sisters playdoh flip and frost.

Sticker books also still a big hit.

itiswhatitiswhatitis Mon 29-Dec-14 11:13:06

Disney infinity

MissWimpyDimple Mon 29-Dec-14 11:22:30

DD (just 8) loved her white board easel which she is using to play schools. She also got a few extras from Staples. - a "good work" stamp, reward stickers, register etc. She played schools a lot anyway and this has taken it to a new level grin

Otherwise she loved a slinky, diablo, barbie "life in a dreamhouse" toys (cars and dolls) and the Paddington books.

She is also mad on Build a Bear.

DustWitch Mon 29-Dec-14 11:28:10

YY to Sew cool sewing machine, DD (just turned 8) loves hers, only problem that I can see is that she has been very prolific and we have already needed to order a refill kit.

John Adams Hot wires has been another hit, I'm really impressed with it and it's kept her busy for hours.

Roller blades were another great present.

mamabluestar Mon 29-Dec-14 12:25:18

My DD is 7 in Feb and the top gifts for her were Princess lego, silly moo game and princess dress up.

I've asked her what she wants for her birthday and her reply was money! I think that is because last year we took her to the Disney store and Build-a-bear to spend her birthday money. What she doesn't know is that we are taking her on a surprise trip to London to see a show.

1122christy Mon 29-Dec-14 13:21:57

Disney infinity
Robo mermaid
Disney eye found it board game
Little live pet bird and cage

tassisssss Mon 29-Dec-14 14:41:51

I have girlies aged 6 and 8. Hits include:

Little live birds
furby or furbling
sew cool
frozen dressing up
kindle
david walliams audio books

nobutreally Mon 29-Dec-14 16:44:47

Dd is 8, and the biggest hits have been rollerskates & playmobile.

heymammy Mon 29-Dec-14 17:03:11

Rollerskates and her 3ds, oh and her dgranny gave here a candy grabber machine...massive hit smile

WUME Mon 29-Dec-14 18:58:15

We used her djeco princess art set today (stencils and stamp) - it's beautiful and kept her quiet for ages smile

CockBollocks Mon 29-Dec-14 19:02:01

Zoomer puppy has been very popular with my dd, as has her kindle fire. £79 for a basic one.

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Mon 29-Dec-14 20:06:01

Lego, lego and more lego!
Monster high doll

Katieweasel Mon 29-Dec-14 21:24:57

Twister Rave Skip It was a massive hit in our house.

shoppingbagsundereyes Mon 29-Dec-14 21:36:08

Frozen blow paint pens and roller skates biggest hits with dd. oh and fashion wheel - straight from the 70's and hours of fun already

DoItTooJulia Mon 29-Dec-14 21:40:42

Zoobs.

Disney infinity

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Mon 29-Dec-14 21:45:51

We used her djeco princess art set today (stencils and stamp) - it's beautiful and kept her quiet for ages

Funny DD and I did our sorry her blush glitter board set from djeco, again so beautiful may frame the pics at some point,

djeco art kits....

digi birds.

Lego, creator and disney stuff...

qwirkle HUGE HIT and helps with Maths...

dobble....lots of milage in that....

how to write story book has also been well received as well as Goth girl book.

Vvvoom Mon 29-Dec-14 22:19:25

Posh felt pens (previously had Staedler and this year Caran D'ache in a tin)

CD player

Beanbag

lecherslady Mon 29-Dec-14 22:25:16

DD2 has just turned 8. She loved:

Her fatface Gillet
Her converse trainers
Her gel pen set
Her frixion pens
Tension board game
Latest now album ( actually given to her sister, but a hit with her too)
Yonderland DVD
Jack Wills water bottles
Her new necklace and bracelet

Best present of all: her Jacqueline Wilson books.

She has an older sister, so her tastes are more grown up than DD1s were at that age. The influence of siblings smile.

christmascazza Tue 30-Dec-14 06:55:56

DD is 6.5 and she loved:

Lego Rapunzel set
Sylvanian families school
My friend Cayla doll
Junior monopoly
Doh Vinci (made by play doh but aimed at older kids)

imip Tue 30-Dec-14 07:04:47

I have a just-turned 8yo and 6.5 dd. biggest hits sketch book from tiger and brill artist-quality metallic and neon pens. Also roller skates- rio the brand and they are half-price now on Alex and alexa website-I'm telling anyone that will listen :-)

Diary of a wimpy kid box set, David walliams books.
Monster high DVDs

Oh, and a furby... I think I may have missed something with sew cool though. 8yo is bugging me to use my sewing machine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now