Talk

Advanced search

How does secret Santa work?

(6 Posts)
chariotsofire Sat 27-Dec-14 10:30:25

This might seem a bit late to be asking but DH and I are taking part in a secret Santa tomorrow and the way he thinks it works is different to how I thought it worked.

I had imagined that I would label my present with the name of the recipient but not my own name. DH thinks we don't name them and everyone has to guess who they are from and to.

With DH's method there are a couple of things I don't get- who opens the presents? And how do we guess who it is for when I have bought a pretty generic gift?

Ludways Sat 27-Dec-14 10:31:31

Put the recipients name in but not your own.

Ludways Sat 27-Dec-14 10:31:52

**on

Quitethewoodsman Sat 27-Dec-14 10:32:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chariotsofire Sat 27-Dec-14 10:33:41

Thanks he is getting a bit grouchy having to answer my questions as we all have a cold do won't even be there in person anyway.

candykane25 Sat 27-Dec-14 10:53:07

Well, we buy a generic boy and a generic girl gifts. Then starting from oldest to youngest (just the grown ups) we take turns to pick a parcel from the boy or girl sack. So you don't buy for a specific person and no one knows who bought what. There's enough to go around and each person only has to buy one gift (so DH bought the boy gift and I bought the girl gift in theory but of course we all know I bought and wrapped them both smile).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now