Talk

Advanced search

What was your best present?

(46 Posts)
Beaverfeaver2 Sat 27-Dec-14 09:23:57

What did you get this year that really blew you away?

It sounds really silly but I am totally over the moon with two pairs of slippers my siblings bought for me.

makingdoo Sat 27-Dec-14 09:42:17

My DH bought me lots of little things which i loved thank you Amazon Wish List but the thing I got most excited about was a £5 Oven Thermometer grin

candykane25 Sat 27-Dec-14 10:56:48

My Swarovski bracelet from DH. And a pen in the shape of a pipe. Makes me feel Sherlocky.

Germgirl Sat 27-Dec-14 10:59:02

A glass bowl for my Kitchenaid. I didn't need one, the metal bowl works well but I wanted one. I didn't realise DH had noticed whenever I watched GBBO & said 'I love the glass bowls' but he had. And now I have a lovely glass mixing bowl smile

losthermind Sat 27-Dec-14 11:00:18

Well we found out on Christmas eve we are expecting out first baby together, so that was a surprise early present smile

wonderingsoul Sat 27-Dec-14 11:02:35

my opiom black perfume from my parents

and a willow tree figure. its one with a mum kneeling and two young boys by her. im a single mum to two boys so it means something to me. but it was from an ex/my best friend (was complicated) who iv just fallen out with,he had left it by my front door, i have no idea when i told him i had wanted this but iv allways wanted it. i love it.

losthermind Sat 27-Dec-14 11:06:46

Awww wondering are you going to contact him

wonderingsoul Sat 27-Dec-14 11:14:37

i did, i thanked him and told him i loved it, via text but didnt really hear back from him.

its complicated, maybe it was his way of saying sorry.. i dont know, no idea what to make of it, it really is a thoughtfull lovely gift.

pregnantpause Sat 27-Dec-14 11:23:30

My dh has surpassed himself this year- he got me exactly what I wanted- there's nothing on my list that was missed- either he got it or he arranged family / friends to get me it. ( all cooking / kitchen equipment) I'm amazed. But on top of this he bought a pair of tacky owl earrings that I picked up in sainsburys in oct and considered buying but decided they were too expensive. Such a thoughtful and unnecessary gift, I love themsmile

ScrambledEggAndToast Sat 27-Dec-14 11:29:19

I was really chuffed with the voucher that my mum got me for getting my hair highlighted, cut and blow dried next month. I had already booked it at the place we both go to but she was there last week and arranged it with the owner grin The one I was most surprised to received was a 32 inch LED TV from the guy I have been seeing for a month shock This was on top of a load of other stuff, I didn't get him anything as I didn't think we were doing presents. I like him a lot and I hope things carry on but I don't want him to think he has to buy my affection.

PoppySausage Sat 27-Dec-14 11:32:52

Rocket dog sugar daddy boots grin

CalamityKate1 Sat 27-Dec-14 11:34:03

I got lots of nice things but DS2 got the original Crash Bandicoot game for his PSVita and I've been glued to it at every opportunity since blush

ARandomFridayIn2012 Sat 27-Dec-14 11:38:27

DH proved he does listen and can also think for himself wink he got me a kindle paperwhite, a cover with Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad mini and some great headphones (can't believe how poor quality my previous ones were now).

He also remembered me saying The Little Mermaid was my favourite Disney as a child (lost my video of it years ago) and he got it for me on dvd.

Annarose2014 Sat 27-Dec-14 11:43:26

A book from my Dad that I actually already have.

He's really elderly and doddery and poorly and usually gets my DSis to choose & buy my presents as he can't manage the shops & cant do online shopping.

But this year he got someone to bring him to the bookshop, and thought about what genre I'd like, and spent time choosing a book for me. He must've been exhausted afterwards. It meant so much. And if I say so myself, my "Oooh, I've been DYING to read this!" was Oscar-worthy grin

candykane25 Sat 27-Dec-14 11:59:04

Annarose that's lovely. I lost my dad this year so that made me feel all warm inside

KnockMeDown Sat 27-Dec-14 12:56:12

My best present is a fabulous scarf from DS 15. He has AS, and this is the first year he has chosen his Christmas presents all by himself, ordered online and paid for! I gave him a clue that I needed a new scarf, and he looked at loads and made a great choice grin

He also did a great job of getting a present for his little sister!

spinduchess Sat 27-Dec-14 12:57:24

A beautiful LK Bennet handbag from DH. He's been away over Christmas, so he knew he had to impress!

xalyssx Sat 27-Dec-14 16:49:55

I got the sims 4.

Theselittlelightsofmine Sat 27-Dec-14 16:54:26

Fluffy socks smile

airedailleurs Sat 27-Dec-14 16:54:54

The man I have been in love with for a year asked me out on Christmas Eve...

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Sat 27-Dec-14 16:57:53

kind of the same as last year - but the kids made me an elaborate scroll instead of a card, saying

"Here is the half hour of peace and quiet you asked for all year" and they and DH and MIL took the dog out for a walk.

HEAVEN...

LokiBear Sat 27-Dec-14 18:03:02

A lovely silver bracelet that dh chose on behalf of dd. It wasn't expensive, but it wasn't on my list either so dh chose it specifically which makes it more meaningful.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Sat 27-Dec-14 18:06:34

A gorgeous faux fur throw - so so lovely and silky and warm . Snuggled up on the sofa with it right now and feeling very luxurious amongst the chaos of the house.

bumasbigasthetv Sat 27-Dec-14 18:15:18

My tassimo machine from my parents, also my calender and cd from my kids, because it's from them and also because they are what i wanted, but wouldn't be able to buy them myself because the money would be better spent on them

HeyMicky Sat 27-Dec-14 18:15:34

DH replaced my kindle with a brand new version with a light - expecting DC2 in May so will be much used.

And DM got me a rice cooker. Never going back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now