Talk

Advanced search

Anyone stock up for next Christmas in the sales?

(40 Posts)
blacktreaclecat Fri 26-Dec-14 15:02:00

What are you getting?
I need wrapping paper and cards. I also fancy getting DH a Christmas jumper, and DS jumper/ t shirt/ socks/ PJs and maybe stocking fillers.
I buy for 10 people at work, just a token. This year they got Portmeirion holly and ivy mugs so fancy something to go with that - they go in the loft and it makes December easy smile
What are you getting?

trixymalixy Fri 26-Dec-14 15:42:55

Wrapping paper, cards and a tree skirt if I can find one.

I bought outdoor lights from b&q

Mydelilah Fri 26-Dec-14 15:48:15

In the sales I will buy next years' winter clothes for the kids, including their winter coats. Last year I got great Christmas jumpers from M&S and Next for £3 each and felt v pleased with self in November/December when everyone else was complaining about the expense I will also buy the wrapping paper for next year. The one thing I don't buy is shoes/boots...have learned that this is a false economy ;-)

chanie44 Fri 26-Dec-14 15:49:00

I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I may get a few stocking fillers for the children.

I'll be targetting;
Body shop - For emergency presents
Accessorise - for dd and dn.

I may buy some wrapping paper, but I normally pay £1 a roll, so it's no expensive anyway.

Perfectlypurple Fri 26-Dec-14 15:58:47

I don't specifically shop for next year but if I see Christmas cards and wrapping paper I will get some, although I do tend to avoid the shops I the sales so if I do get stuff it is when I am doing a food shop.

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 26-Dec-14 16:12:39

Just returned from rl shopping & bought the following for the present drawer:
4 x mini Champneys gift lotion bauble @ �2 each Boots
2 x earmuffs @ �1.50 each Superdrug
1 x Dove shower gel gift set �3 Boots
MUA eye shadow set �4 Superdrug
MUA bronzer �2.50 Superdrug
Body Shop Hemp body lotion gift tin
�8.00
Superdrug smokey eye gift set �1.50

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 26-Dec-14 16:16:52

Gawd no - the sales always seem like a good idea but in reality , very disappointing.
If I see something on sale, I'll buy it to use now. But I don't buy wrapping paper for next year (I'd put it 'somewhere safe' and never find it again smile ) and I don't send cards.

I bought some John Lewis crackers this year (pale blue with reindeer) so my table theme was pale blue and silver.
So if I see something like a really nice Christmas plate or crockery I'll buy it and use that as my theme for next year.

SwedishEdith Fri 26-Dec-14 16:21:49

Nothing. I would forget about it or go off it by next year.

DaisyFlowerChain Fri 26-Dec-14 16:22:24

I will buy nice paper if I see it and things that may not date but avoid toiletries etc as the packaging changes yearly so you can tell its old stock.

Cocolepew Fri 26-Dec-14 16:28:33

I usually buy smellies or make up that the dds can use for birthday presents during the year.

simbacatlivesagain Fri 26-Dec-14 19:17:30

Nothing says I couldnt give a dam about you like a last years Boots gift set.

simbacatlivesagain Fri 26-Dec-14 19:19:11

Should add- you arr never sure if it has been regifted or bought as a generic just in case gift and you are that borderline person who gets the generic gift (then naturally bitches about it on mums net)

Paperblank Fri 26-Dec-14 20:51:01

I bought a few bits from Tesco this morning, like wrapping paper, present bags and some cute place cards. I might pop to M&S tomorrow to see if there are any other bits I fancy.

All of this haul is going in a great big present bag up in the loft so I know where it is!!

xalyssx Fri 26-Dec-14 20:57:20

I'm going to pop into town on Monday and see if there are any discounted dressing up clothes, as I know that I want to buy that next year. I might also pick up some ridiculous bargains, eg DP will have the opportunity to buy a kids' tablet for £20 instead of £100.

Rainicorn Fri 26-Dec-14 20:58:58

I usually get wrapping paper an cards for next year, some Lynx sets and whatever looks good fr,stocking fillers in Boots.

I do aim to get a gift each month until June for each of my three DC as well, nothing expensive or anything, just things to bulk up their gift pile, never usually spend more than£5 on each item.

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 26-Dec-14 21:02:54

No, I might buy things we actually want or need now, but not for next Christmas and I don't keep a stash of generic presents for birthdays etc either.

I have a blue and silver table theme every year (our crockery is Denby with bright blue edges, our water glasses are blue glass) so if I see anything like crackers or napkins in blue I might buy it as it is a hard colour to get Christmas stuff in.

marne2 Fri 26-Dec-14 21:31:26

I have ordered christmas hoodies from fat face sale and some pj's, treated myself in the Lush sale today ( as no one bought me any smellies this year ), also bough the dd's done clothes for next year in the Next sale and Zara sale. I'm still looking for more bargains.

feelingunsupported Fri 26-Dec-14 21:39:30

I'm after a wrapping paper storage bag thingy and a bauble storage box from Studio 24 but I'm too greedy to pay the £4.99 postage!

inchoccyheaven Fri 26-Dec-14 23:13:37

Feelingunsupported you can get them on amazon or eBay.

Skyland Sat 27-Dec-14 13:19:42

Got 2 disney princess dresses at argos for £7.98 and a half price my little pony set to put away for next Xmas.

ladymariner Sat 27-Dec-14 21:19:19

Got all my cards and wrapping paper for next year, it's now all stashed away. Also bought a beautiful fleecey throw and cuddly bear for my little goddaughter's present next year, and a fluffy reindeer toy for her little sister, all half price. I have a big storage box where I keep things that I pick up through the year, which comes in handy.

feelingunsupported Sat 27-Dec-14 22:04:21

Thanks Inch - I bit the bullet and ordered from Studio - I got lots of wrapping paper and other tat I didn't need to avoid the delivery charge (bit confused though - no payment option and I definitely didn't click the 'set up an account' option)

Lilybensmum1 Sat 27-Dec-14 22:11:31

Feeling, studio send you an invoice and that details how to pay. Really easy I payed via automated phone. Think it was a couple of weeks after I got my order. Hop that helps.

christmasodyssey Sat 27-Dec-14 22:28:28

I need some cards for next year but already have tons of wrapping paper stashed away. I'm quite tight though and I'll wait until they are at least 60% off!

I've given gifts this year which I'd bought in last year's sales - lots of them very cheap and no reason for them to think they were discounted. But it's not the sort of thing my family would worry about either - we are all keen bargain hunters! I don't like keeping toiletries for too long though.

2014isanewyear Sun 28-Dec-14 23:37:18

got some presents for family, will be looking in online sales as well. This is the year I get organised!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now