Talk

Advanced search

What were your best present successes? And the funniest?

(16 Posts)
Takver Fri 26-Dec-14 12:23:16

Harry Potter/Hunger games hoodie for dd here - hasn't come off since yesterday morning

Most amusement was provided by my present for my dad - which is in fact a very carefully chosen ornamental plant (Stipa tenuissima) to add to his collection, but on presentation looked exactly like a small pot full of dead grass grin (He seemed suitably pleased with it, though!)

LokiBear Fri 26-Dec-14 13:04:48

Wooden shop went down a storm with dd. She is currently serving ice cream from her shop whilst dressed as Doc Mcstuffins. Funniest present was DH'S Jack Skeleton shaped cookie jar. As dh opened it both I and nana could only see if from the back and it looked like a testicle. We started giggling then had to explain to mil why it was funny! Most disappointing present was DD's Sophia the first sea castle thing. It is so flimsy and poorly made, but it wasn't cheap and DD's auntie bought it on my suggestion. Feel guilty that she wasted her money. Lovely Christmas in general though!

spinduchess Fri 26-Dec-14 13:08:28

Funniest was some fancy cheeses gift set. Only we didn't know it had cheese in it, and it had been sat under the tree, by the radiator for a week. Stench was quite something!

Takver Fri 26-Dec-14 16:23:01

Oops! That's a shame, though round here I think our dog would have noticed first grin

BikeRunSki Fri 26-Dec-14 16:24:19

2 foot high inflatable remote control minion.

xalyssx Fri 26-Dec-14 21:06:13

DS1 age 2.11 got a little Thomas toy with bits that slide and buttons that make noise.
DS2 aged 7months loved his Makka Pakka that lights up.
DP liked his vintage Battlestar Galactica annual more than his telescope!
The funniest present was a paper rose with a ring in it confused

PurplePidjingThroughTheSnow Fri 26-Dec-14 21:17:17

Half a dozen little plastic monster things for my nephew. 2nd favourite present after his new tablet <proud Aunty> I bought them for pence in a charity shop as an extra to his other presents, yay for instincts fgrin

And those books that turn into a pirate ship/princess carriage/rocket ship from Lidl - had all the littlies in stitches at Grot O'Clock on Christmas day fsmile

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Fri 26-Dec-14 21:19:41

Minion sounds fun bike, ours was two digi birds....

Happy36 Fri 26-Dec-14 21:23:08

Biggest hit was some pants for my sister which she immediately put on (the mind boggles).

Funniest was a print of a Pisarro painting for my dad which I thought I'd hidden carefully (it wasn't wrapped) when he wandered in holding it, saying, "Why can't people just throw things in the bin?" When I explained it was his present he was gracious enough to pretend to like it (admittedly he was looking at the blank backing when he accused it of being rubbish).

Longdistance Fri 26-Dec-14 21:25:28

Dds love their Kiddizoom camera and Frozen dresses, which they've tried to sleep in.

Funniest was a catering sized bag of Yorkshire tea for fil, who's a tea addict. He was well chuffed, bless him.

ShebaQueen Fri 26-Dec-14 21:33:31

Digibird a big hit here too, ZeVit, my nephew loved it more than the other more expensive toys. Funniest was the selfie stick, my DS is obsessed with it.

PesoPenguin Fri 26-Dec-14 23:01:35

Ds's favourite presents are his trials motorbike and gear, his kidizoom watch and his power rangers costume. I'm sure his telescope will be a huge hit once we get a clear night.

MiscellaneousAssortment Sat 27-Dec-14 01:27:38

A peapod which unzips to reveal three smiling peas! The funniest and the most loved by ds smile

I wish I could predict which pressies will be massive hits and which will be instantly forgotten about. It would save a fortune.

FixItUpChappie Sat 27-Dec-14 02:34:20

Big winners for my 2 and 4 yr old boys....

-new play food and cheapie plastic electric mixer. they've reinvigorated our play kitchen. the boys had tea parties for half the day grin

-ice cream Duplo set for the same reasons as noted above

-"Nino Delfino" board game by Ravensberger. What a fun game!! The adults even played it when the kids weren't around.

-we bought our youngest a Grand Cozy Coupe (ride in/on car) by Little Tikes and thank goodness both kids fit in it because otherwise they would have spent half the day arguing over it.

-they both also loved the little beanie baby owls we got them. Sooo cute and soft - great pick

Those have been the big hits from the pile so far wine

Tattiebogle Sat 27-Dec-14 03:53:26

Funniest thing was a pretend poo I put in my 7 year old grandsons stocking. We kept it a secret and at tidying up time we put it in his new golf cap and everyone thought my toddler grandson had done 'it'. The reactions were the funniest thing ever.

oobedobe Sat 27-Dec-14 03:56:42

Dd1 large stuffed toy, Gogo pup, colouring stuff

Dd2 dinosaur onesie, magi-clip disney dolls, keyboard and dd1's playmobil unicorn land

Both - magna tiles but we are all playing with them and need loads more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now