Talk

Advanced search

Christmas was brilliant! Thanks to MNers who helped me

(3 Posts)
imalostcause Fri 26-Dec-14 01:13:25

I posted recently on here, asking for advice, as I didn't know what to get for ydd as dh had been out of work for a long time and we were on a very tight budget. People were very helpful and I just wanted to say thank you and let them know that we have had a wonderful Christmas. Ydd was extremely happy with her presents of Converse I bought on FB, wii games, a Tshirt and a Starbucks cup bought half price from Sainsburys, plus a stocking with little bits and pieces, and also a book, calendar and money from grandparents and aunt. My parents contributed lots towards our Christmas meal so we were able to have a turkey crown with all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, a bottle of wine and a Christmas cake. The day has been perfect, my grown up children didn't mind not having gifts from us, as they know we will treat them when we are a bit better off.

I hope everyone had a good day smile

Dh has started his new job last week and is enjoying it smile

SoonToBeSix Fri 26-Dec-14 01:14:35

So pleased you all had a lovely Christmas.

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 26-Dec-14 05:26:01

That is good to hear and is what is should be about rather than stress, angst and pictures of mountains of gifts on facsbook.

See you on the bargain thread next year. If you have any spare cash then pick up some gifts for next Xmas in the sales. Or start buying some supermarket saving stamps to help towards the next xmas dinner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now