Talk

Advanced search

Bayliss and Harding

(8 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 24-Dec-14 18:46:13

Does anyone like it?

I always seem to get a set or two from distant aunts and uncles (who really neednt bother buying me, im an adult after all), and whilst its all packaged up nice, I feel like im showering in Rowntree Jelly.

Id rather just have a bottle of Radox or something.

I know its a total firstworldproblem, and I should be grateful, and it is lovely to be in peoples thoughts.....but I will be donating to the charity shop any B&H giftsets (unless anyone in the Newcastle.area wants them!)

Anyone else have a "thing" they are secretly hoping not to be gifted tomorrow?

annabanana19 Wed 24-Dec-14 19:08:57

I hate them!! I always get one from CIL and I've told him my skin gets irritated by them (I have eczema & know what my skin likes & B&H isn't on the list). I know there's one under the tree (again!) which will go to the same place as last year's - the work's charity raffle!

annabanana19 Wed 24-Dec-14 19:12:05

BIL even!

Tykeisagirl Wed 24-Dec-14 19:14:47

They're not even a proper brand I don't think, you can't buy the things individually, only in gift sets. They try to look like Molton Brown but the stuff is awful. I don't think anyone likes Bayliss and Harding, it's just something you get given by relatives and regift ASAP. I bet there's unopened sets of the stuff doing the rounds of school fairs for years.

LouiseBrooks Wed 24-Dec-14 19:28:01

I had a box of it last year as a Secret Santa and have to say thought it was fine. It smelt nice (can't remember what the scent was) and the bath stuff lathered up really well. Maybe I was lucky but then again SS being what it usually is, I was quite pleased with what I got.

annabanana19 Wed 24-Dec-14 19:36:09

I'm the same with The Sanctuary stuff. I once had a gift set & thought "oh how lovely" then decided to use the bubble bath. Bloodyhell my foofoo was on fire!! I swear it had some kind of chilli powder in to burn & itch so much.

Ktay Wed 24-Dec-14 19:40:19

You can get the soap and shower gel separately - in waitrose for example. I quite like the mandarin scented stuff. I just view it in same vein as any other supermarket shower gel/soap rather than a Molton brown equivalent and it compares favourably on that basis

Olivo Wed 24-Dec-14 19:43:23

Definitely not as nice as molten brown, but the liquid soap is fine and I quite like the grapefruity one. Wouldn't buy it as a gift though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now