Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

worried that DH did the Christmas food shop

(11 Posts)
Meplusyouequals4 Wed 24-Dec-14 17:57:37

I've been working long hours all week and today (8am - 8pm) so my DH 2 days ago said he would do the food shopping, which I was happy about.

I wrote a list in hope that would be a safe guard against him buying too little or too much of anything and he would get everything we needed.

I've just spoke to him and he assures me he got everything and a few small extras.

I asked how much it all came too and he has spent almost 100 pound more than I expected.

What has he got I dread to think! And by the time I finish work Everywhere is closed!

I'm scared!

ErrolTheDragon Wed 24-Dec-14 18:05:27

Well, even if he has managed to miss something off your list, you're bound to have plenty to eat for tomorrow and the shops only close for one day (and nowadays there's always petrol station shops open xmas too if he's forgotten something basic like bread).

rightsaidthread Wed 24-Dec-14 18:07:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Timeforabiscuit Wed 24-Dec-14 18:10:24

Ooohh I love it when my dh brings back the mystery tesco shop!

Last time he discovered Guinness flavoured crisps and salted caramel truffels drool

Meplusyouequals4 Wed 24-Dec-14 18:12:03

errol true, he has never been food shopping before never kind doing it with our DD in tow

right me too I have a feeling DD has helped him choose some of it. But I have a feeling he may have gone and got more booze than needed. As we're getting less this year cos I'm not drinking (32 weeks pregnant) and neither of my brothers are coming this year.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 24-Dec-14 18:12:41

Maybe he has "branded up" on the packet or jar stuff, and maybe gone for the pre prepared veg? Thatd bump it up.

Meplusyouequals4 Wed 24-Dec-14 18:15:24

think I told him to get prepared veg as I won't get home till nearly 9pm tonight and there are still presents to wrap and other Christmas eve things. Thankfully MIL has done my big clean for me.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 24-Dec-14 18:21:20

Never been food shopping? confused Wow, in that case a supermarket will have seemed like a wonderland to him esp at this time of year! grin

He may well have overdone the booze, but that keeps - if he's bought bubbly keep it for wetting the next babe's head!

Meplusyouequals4 Wed 24-Dec-14 18:27:19

Not never been shopping, he lived with his mum till we moved in together next door to her Lol. I do all the food shopping so he has never needed to do it. The money isn't the problem Im just worried what he has got.

Meplusyouequals4 Wed 24-Dec-14 21:42:41

He bought bigger joints of meat, more wine and chocolates and cakes and things. I'm actually quiet impressed with what he got and he has even wrapped some more presents and done several loads of washing.

I think I might work Christmas eve more often Lol.

rightsaidthread Wed 24-Dec-14 22:48:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now