Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Make me feel better with your Christmas disasters/clumsiness!!

(19 Posts)
Roussette Wed 24-Dec-14 17:30:29

Christmas Eve special meal, DCs home/coming home and they are still big kids and excited.

Pork with 3 mustards and their favourite Potatoes Dauphinoise. Carefully sliced the potatoes, bought the cream, forgot the Gruyere. Sent DH to battle the crowds and he ended up at the artisan cheese shop paying £4.20 for a sliver.

Assembled it, my oh my it looks delicious. Ready to go in the oven.

Dropped the whole thing on the tiled floor. <<wail wail sob sob>>

It isn't just me, is it, who does this sort of thing...

blindcaptaincat Wed 24-Dec-14 20:23:22

Oh no! Take heart that you didn't drop it on your foot. Then you would've had a Dauphinoise-less A&E trip. Enjoy your pork. Merry Christmas fsmile

I have no Christmas disaster tale to impart <frantically touches wood>

ispyfispi Wed 24-Dec-14 20:34:13

We've just done the whole 'new pjs, slippers, dvd thing' but can we find the bloody remote?! Don't seem to be able to play dvd without it, 4 kids losing patience now!

melonribena Wed 24-Dec-14 23:40:18

One christmas, made a trifle, set it on the worktop while did other things.

Cat jumped onto worktop, trying to jump onto the top of the kitchen wall cupboards, jumped right in the trifle!

MrsDiesel Wed 24-Dec-14 23:44:30

I opened the fridge door instead of the freezer once and almost knocked myself out with it. Fridge was above freezer.

Forgot to turn the hob on under the broccoli, it was erm, Al Dente.

Exh almost cut his finger off assembling a bike one Christmas eve, I threw a sock at him and went upstairs to ring his mum.

furcoatbigknickers Wed 24-Dec-14 23:45:10

Wripped dd1s present when putting under tree --shoved it under--blush

chloejaynemummy Thu 25-Dec-14 05:44:08

Haha the cat one sounds like my handsome boy would do xx

Roussette Thu 25-Dec-14 07:50:11

A glass of wine and a few jacket potatoes solved it and in the end it's being together that matters . Merry Christmass All fsmile

Horopu Thu 25-Dec-14 08:01:10

Our 1st married Christmas, went to stay at MIL's. We both had flu and went to bed straight after lunch. DH was woken by smell of burning: went downstairs to discover the dining room table was on fire (no one blew the candles out) and we had to leave the house until the fire brigade put it out.

Last year I very carefully chose some lovely gifts on a budget (and did extremely well!) then stored a ton of the gifts in a black bag....which I then proceeded to throw out with the bin bags of rubbish

My finest hour it was not

juneybean Thu 25-Dec-14 10:18:31

I melted my PureAire Air purifier bowl and melted some tinsel yesterday

Cloudymoodyrain Thu 25-Dec-14 10:40:13

I just lovingly sautéed the cardboard which my beef joint was resting on.

PuppyMummy Thu 25-Dec-14 16:09:18

I have made peanut butter and chocolate brownies which I have made loads of times before (with no problems!) didnt put bottom in tin properly so mixture started leaking out. managed to save it on a baking tray!

just gone to cut them up and the middle is totally raw! I hav no idea why! Luckily the edges are cooked ok!

shouldIjustputupwithit Thu 25-Dec-14 17:05:26

Two years ago we drove to M & S to collect ordered food only to find I was a day late and it was closed. Next day was Christmas Eve went to collect Turkey at 6am from butchers, got turkey broke down on way back and had to wait 2 hours for recovery, then drove to M & S and begged them for our food order! Not the best start to Christmas that year!

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Mon 29-Dec-14 10:41:35

I was getting the cutlery out of the drawer at my mum's on Xmas eve, and stabbed myself in the heel of my hand with a fork. Still hurts!

MinnieM1 Mon 29-Dec-14 10:49:01

Currently nursing a fractured big toe after dropping a Sellotape dispenser on it while frantically wrapping presents fblush

Bedofwool Mon 29-Dec-14 10:57:38

Christmas Day - I have second degree burns on my hand from moving a baking tray that had just been taken out of the hot oven and placed on top of the oven, where upon I bloody moved it again. I watched it come out the oven - I blame the champagne I drank before and not my inate stupidity!!

mumslife Mon 29-Dec-14 11:16:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roussette Mon 29-Dec-14 12:31:07

Oh my! There's some awful injuries on here... all for Christmas too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now