Talk

Advanced search

General chatty thread for anyone feeling lonely per Christmas.

(59 Posts)
CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 14:11:37

This is for everyone who might feel a bit lonely this Christmas - whether you're with 20 people or you won't see another soul until it's all over, this is for you.

So come in, pull up a chair, open the mince pies and enjoy some mulled wine.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 14:12:00

Per Christmas? Clearly meant to be over Christmas.

EatShitDerek Wed 24-Dec-14 14:17:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 14:21:37

Hello grin

I'm about to go into work, but when that finishes, about 5 I'll be by myself.
What's up with the hamster?

EatShitDerek Wed 24-Dec-14 14:24:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 14:25:58

Kamikaze hamster? That's not good.

I'm attempting to do vacumning and general tidying but it's superbly dull.

dontcallmehon22 Wed 24-Dec-14 14:26:29

Hello!

Great idea for a thread.

Sorry to hear about your hamster, Derek.

I got dumped twice in 2014. Was meant to be having Xmas with my ex. Dc here now, but they are at their dad's tomorrow.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 14:30:14

Twice in a year is shit. Poor you Hun

Instead you get to spend Christmas with us grin

dontcallmehon22 Wed 24-Dec-14 14:31:39

Silver linings, caulkgrin

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 14:34:27

Totally grin

I'm off to work now, have fun chatting without me

dontcallmehon22 Wed 24-Dec-14 14:35:52

Hope work goes ok, see you later

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 17:42:20

Hello.

How are we all doing? Lots of fun with mince pies I hope.

dontcallmehon22 Wed 24-Dec-14 17:48:51

I've just had a festive Chinese. Ordered enough for three adults even though it's just me and the dc. Feel slightly sick. How's your Christmas eve looking?

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 17:52:38

I've just ordered a festive pizza. Again enough for three adults, although it's just me.

I discovered that the boss is expecting me to work tomorrow morning, which is a little bit annoying, but never mind.

I'm doing the thrilling of job house-tidying currently.

dontcallmehon22 Wed 24-Dec-14 18:06:30

Oh that's a bit annoying. How long will you have to work for? I'm trying to banish thoughts of ex and enjoy Christmas (which I've always loved!)

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 18:07:42

Probably an hour, tops.

Can you write a "get over it list"? Reasons you're glad you're not together. That helps me.

wewillmendit Wed 24-Dec-14 18:12:40

Hello all. It's a strange Christmas, the last one that H and I will be in the same house for. Trying to make it 'normal' for dd grin
It's just making me sad, wasn't expecting to feel like this, we have been over for months.
Anyway, about to have our traditional Christmas Eve takeaway.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 18:14:56

Hello grin welcome, welcome. What take away have you got?

dontcallmehon22 Wed 24-Dec-14 18:21:20

Hi welcome, another festive takeaway. Good idea. Christmas is a strange time when things change for us, I think.

Reasons I'm glad we're not together-
he always cancelled dates to babysit for his sister
he had a huge ego
was a bit sexist
didn't treat women well - didn't end it properly with me, just ignored me!!

puddingisgood Wed 24-Dec-14 18:25:02

Another one in. Spent most of today alone and don't know when DS2 will get in. DS1 staying at his gf tonight, the first time he's not been here on Christmas morning. Feeling weepy and glum.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 18:27:35

Oh pudding, I'm sorry about the weepy glumness (and everyone else feeling that way too). What would you like to do, maybe to spoil yourself, feel a bit better? If you're in the midlands you can come and eat the massive amount ive pizza I've ordered.

I'm tracking Santa on NORAD and that's making me smile.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 24-Dec-14 18:28:01

Hello, I'm on my own, although not feeling particularly lonely this year and have turned down an invitation to be by myself.

Going to cook a huge bowl of spaghetti carbonara in a minute, having only eaten a bacon sandwich and a handful of fudge today. Feel like I should open some wine, but not really in the mood for it.

Tomorrow's plan is to get up at 8-ish, go straight out for a very long walk in the park, come back for fry-up, then to spend the rest of the morning making a cake.

Then have pork belly roast for dinner at about 4, hopefully followed by a successful cake!

Films, Kindle, MN and playing with the cat will also be involved. Really looking forward to it, provided I actually stick to the plan, and don't end up just rolling around in bed, watching crap TV and then getting depressed because I've wasted the day.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 24-Dec-14 18:29:24

Hey Bert, your plan or tomorrow sounds great. Mine will be similar, except for work in the morning.

MrsSnail Wed 24-Dec-14 18:32:13

Currently cooking a duck pie with DP, ready for tomorrow. I'm not technically alone but DD (4) went to her dads today, back on Saturday so Im feeling somewhat down sad

hugs and wine for everyone

MrsBertMacklin Wed 24-Dec-14 18:35:47

Oh and also spending this evening making a Christmas playlist. I had a really shit Christmas in 2012, depression had the better of me that year and making a playlist of old favourites plus actually good Christmas music (Phil Spector, Pogues plus some random stuff found on Spotify) and having a dance round was the only bright spot of the day and is now my ritual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now