Talk

Advanced search

1 sleep!

(16 Posts)
SevenSwansASwimming Wed 24-Dec-14 07:42:43

It's Christmas Eve!!!

Asda failed on our grocery order, DH has already gone to buy milk, bread sauce and chipolatas, then needs to pick up the turkey later. Thankfully I've only got a bit of last tidying to do as I've had buggar all sleep.

Cant wait until this afternoon when everything has been done, then we can watch a family Xmas film, have our buffet tea and sprinkle reindeer food. This is my favourite day of the year fgrin

thegreylady Wed 24-Dec-14 07:59:15

I have to bake second cake, ice two cakes and do a bit of tidying. We also need to track down supplies of cat food as only Sheba mini pouches will do.
We have everything wrapped and ready and we are going to dd's tomorrow to have dinner and the afternoon with dgc . I am very excited.

afreshstartplease Wed 24-Dec-14 08:01:50

I have

Bits of food shopping to buy
To pick up my outfit for tomorrow
To wrap about 70 presents for the dc
Cleaning still
Tidying still
Make biscuits and cakes with dc

LittleChristmasPud Wed 24-Dec-14 08:01:50

It's so exciting! fsmile
We're going to visit my nan in a couple of hours and then dd is going to her Nanna's house for the afternoon with her dad while I get a few essentials from the shops and give the house a quick clean and tidy.
Then dd will be home for tea and her Christmas eve box will be waiting under the tree, I can't wait to have a snuggle on the sofa with her while we watch a film and drink hot chocolate!
Merry Christmas everyone wine

MamaPizza Wed 24-Dec-14 08:11:56

It's here! Christmas Eve at last. German presents tonight fgrin

Seven, see it on 2 sleeps - I've also been eyeing up things for next year. Saw a lovely tall slim tree and asked when it was going on sale. She said boxing day. So, I'll do it for once and go boxing day to grab it ready for next year. It's perfect for the hallway!

I'm done. Finished wrapping last night and shopping. Just need to vacuum today, but that needs doing anyway.

Good luck to everyone still trying to finish today. May the Santa Magic be with you fgrin

Time to relax and enjoy time as husband and wife, aaaahhhh

ChestyNutRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 24-Dec-14 08:16:46

fgrinfgrinfgrinfgrinfgrinfgrinfgrinfgrinfgrin

Happy Christmas Eve countdowners!

Veg prep, ChestyDog to vets for a check up and delivering presents today.

<crosses fingers, eyes, legs for vet trip>

SagaNorensSnowflakeTrousers Wed 24-Dec-14 08:20:15

It's here!! Excited little DCs this morning. I have tons of wrapping left to do but have resigned myself to about 4 hours sleep tonight to get it all done.

Merry Christmas Eve! wine fsmile

Iggly Wed 24-Dec-14 08:24:00

can we open presents now

I'm just about to shower then will be turning up the Xmas music grin

I'm trying to chivvy DH into wrapping my presents with the kids. COME ON MAN.

MamaPizza Wed 24-Dec-14 08:41:56

Crossing everything for Chestydog here.

Anyone doing Christmas Eve hampers?

Saga, who needs sleep on Christmas fgrin

SagaNorensSnowflakeTrousers Wed 24-Dec-14 09:33:22

Iggly I lost that battle a long time ago!

Exactly, Mama! Sleep is for Christmas-naysayers. fgrin

SevenSwansASwimming Wed 24-Dec-14 09:39:46

DH came back with pastries for breakfast. He's gone to pick Turkey up with DS and DD1.

We're considerably organised this year. DH only has one left to wrap, I've known him to be wrapping on Christmas morning in previous years!

disneymum3 Wed 24-Dec-14 10:12:49

It here...... Christmas eve yayyyyyy.
All I have to do now is the food shop and I need to clean the kitchen and downstairs toilet.
Then I can relax with the kids
So exciting xx

ChestyNutRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 24-Dec-14 16:18:45

He's ok mama ulcer looks smaller so had some cells scraped off < faints>
And more eye drops, see vet again next week.
Is DS super excited?

What are you going to watch Seven?

iggly back away from the presents! fgrin

Everything done now fgrin

Takeaway PJs and film it is!

<cracks open baileys>

MamaPizza Wed 24-Dec-14 20:45:00

He's been! Tree surrounded by presents all beautifully wrapped by the elves fgrin

Did anyone else see the ISS? It was so good, DS believed it was Santa.

Good to hear he his ok chesty, may it last.

DH just wrapping my presents in the kitchen and then we will sit down for a Christmas film and maybe more fgrin

Have a great day everyone! Hope it's the best so far xxx

SevenSwansASwimming Wed 24-Dec-14 21:05:16

He's been here too! First thing DH said while we were getting presents out of the cupboard "I thought we weren't going mad this year" fgrin

Merry Christmas count-downers x

MamaPizza Wed 24-Dec-14 21:21:34

Ha ha, I thought the same. I have just found another stash in the bedroom and have no idea where they've come from. They were wrapped and ready. must have been Santa No idea what's inside, big surprise for me tomorrow too fgrin

DH still wrapping my presents, we said only little stockings. What on earth has he gotten me? I only wanted a husband which I got and chocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now