Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have 'Christmas Fridge' again.

(62 Posts)
cozietoesie Tue 23-Dec-14 22:16:10

Every year I swear I won't get more than we need and every ruddy year I still end up with a fridge that would require serious ingenuity to get anything more into it. sad

If something leaks during the night there's going to be a crisis.

Wolfiefan Tue 23-Dec-14 22:19:01

I have a big American style one. I still feel the need to shout "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!" whenever anyone walks towards it!
It'll all get eaten though.

HolgerDanske Tue 23-Dec-14 22:20:25

Heheheh I have christmas fridge too fgrin

Yuleloglatte Tue 23-Dec-14 22:22:57

I have christmas fridge and yet I still couldn't find anything for dinner tonight as it's all 'bits' and 34 varieties of cream. We ended up with pesto pasta with grated Stilton.

MehsMum Tue 23-Dec-14 22:24:20

Yes! Me too!
And I haven't even collected the meat yet.

mumof6needssanity Tue 23-Dec-14 22:25:16

Haha me too and christmas cupboards grin

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Tue 23-Dec-14 22:25:31

34 varieties of cream grin sounds last me my kinda fridge!!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 23-Dec-14 22:26:15

grin huge single cream, huge double cream, clotted cream and a Costco aerosol of cream (huge)

I'm having to stack and slide things in. I need to find room to put the onion and clove infused milk for the bread sauce confused

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Tue 23-Dec-14 22:26:19

oh god. I've drunk too much wine.

*sounds like my kinda fridge.

can I blame it on autocorrect???

RedTinsel Tue 23-Dec-14 22:28:08

Me too, and I still had to nip to tesco to get something for tea tonight.

And I'm twitching about cheese. I've only bought a couple of small cheeses, that we'll actually eat. I'm not sure I can settle till we've got a hundred weight of Brie in the fridge.

Yuleloglatte Tue 23-Dec-14 22:28:53

Flavoured aerosol cream ( 3 types), extra thick, flavoured double, creme fraiche, plain double, clotted, cream mixed with custard ( for profiteroles), soured cream.....

JuniperTisane Tue 23-Dec-14 22:29:29

I don't have christmas fridge. I do have christmas Pringleitis though. A seasonal swelling of Pringles by a factor of about 10, relieved only by popping the top off and swift inhalation of the contents...

RedTinsel Tue 23-Dec-14 22:31:31

Flavoured aerosol cream, tell me more.

Wolfiefan Tue 23-Dec-14 22:32:07

I also have packing crate of biscuits, chocolates, crisps, wine, mince pies and puds Christmas essentials.
The shame!

RedTinsel Tue 23-Dec-14 22:38:50

Me too, Wolfie. The DCs know better than to even look at it.

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Tue 23-Dec-14 22:41:43

Dh was discussing useless info we were taught at school a while ago and bought up tessellation as something "you never use" one peek in my fridge or freezer will proved him wrong but he is not allowed as he will mess up the system

Kundry Tue 23-Dec-14 22:42:18

Cream! We have 2 giant double, one giant single, tub of marscapone and tub of creme fraiche. For 2 people. And I'm not sure I've bought enough fblush

threepiecesuite Tue 23-Dec-14 22:49:01

Playing fridge Tetris tonight here too, after final trip to Asda.
Wish you could get in from both sides.
We've had to scoff a whole roast chicken and a cheesecake tonight just to make room <the hardship>

BeHoHoHove Tue 23-Dec-14 22:54:06

I'm the same!
I wasn't sure we had enough puddings (3 days, different guests)
Grand Marnier Opera
Yule Log
Traditional pud
Salted Caramel pud
M&S mousse baubles
Chocolate marzipan cake
Pear and chocolate tart
Ice cream/ cream/ vanilla cream
blush ridiculous

RedTinsel Tue 23-Dec-14 22:56:49

I ate After Eight mints dipped in whipped cream for my breakfast in Boxing Day one year.
This was before DCs and I had a massive hangover from the Xmas party we'd had. Best breakfast of my life.

Mmm, I need more cream.

BeHoHoHove Tue 23-Dec-14 22:57:49

red that sounds really good!

amistillsexy Tue 23-Dec-14 23:27:26

Hmm...I had broken fridge this morning shock woke up to slowly defrosting freezer and nicely warm turkey. Had to make an unscheduled trip to buy new one and beg them to deliver today. Arrived home and the handbrake cable snapped as I parked up (on our very steep hill).
After all that I'm loving my new Christmas Fridge grin can't wait to get stuck in!

BertieBotts Tue 23-Dec-14 23:31:30

Oh pringles! DH will never forgive me if I forget Pringles grin <updates shopping list>

NoLongerTheSeasonToBeJolly Wed 24-Dec-14 12:30:01

I've just taken the vegetable drawer out in order to put the goose in. It had been in the very cold conservatory overnight but the bloody sun is shinning here so it's warming up.

TheSpottedZebra Wed 24-Dec-14 12:38:44

Red I was watching an American cookery programme once, you know, the type where they just assemble stuff rather than cook it.... anyway they made an icebox dessert of after eights, plastered together into a block with whipped cream, then sprinkled with grated chocolate and shoved in freezer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now