Talk

Advanced search

DD has just handed me her "final" Christmas list...

(23 Posts)
AngieBolen Tue 23-Dec-14 21:08:29

I told her Father Christmas was leaving at midnight, but apparently that's plenty of time for the Elves to pack the sleigh. fhmm

Here it is; (The spelling is DDs, not my typos)

Dear Santa
I would like a.....

1) Mounting bike!
2)Boxing golves exter pading pleas!
3)Backitball kit!
4)Backitball size!
5)Backitball hoop!
6) Boxing Pad!
Please can I ahve theis
Love
from
DD

Well no, the sleigh is well and truly packed by now, isn't it?!

WhirlyTwirlySnowflakes Tue 23-Dec-14 21:09:29

How old is she?

IsawJimmykissingSantaClaus Tue 23-Dec-14 21:10:15

You could write back that it's too late but that he'll pass the list back to you for birthday ideas.

Rainicorn Tue 23-Dec-14 21:10:32

According to Norad Santa has only 9 hrs 50 mins before he leaves, definitely no time to make anything else.

AlpacaYourThings Tue 23-Dec-14 21:10:35

Oh bless, those poor elves! fsad

GothMummy Tue 23-Dec-14 21:11:31

Oh my goodness! Santa has a list deadline of 1st December in our house!

farendofafart Tue 23-Dec-14 21:11:47

The sleigh is definitely packed. But kudos to your DD for the most un-princessy list possible.

What has Santa packed on his sleigh for your DD?

lucysmam Tue 23-Dec-14 21:13:11

I would use ISawJimmy's idea of passing the list back to you for birthday ideas, that's what I've been doing when my two are thinking up random stuff they'd like to add confused

LizzieMint Tue 23-Dec-14 21:16:44

My DS wrote a new list yesterday in which he asked for a make-it-yourself life size coffin. confused
I'm a little worried.
But yes, the elves have definitely made all the toys ready, too late for changes now!

AngieBolen Tue 23-Dec-14 21:19:29

She's 9, but dyslexic this is a stealth boast that I can actually read the list

We own at least 10 basketballs, and I disprove of boxing. fhmm

I have heard a rumor from a passing elf that a bike has been loaded onto the sleigh.....

Romeyroo Tue 23-Dec-14 21:21:06

Santa usually leaves a letter for too late orders saying that he hopes they will like the things he has left and he will try and get it to them at a quieter time of year

PureMorning Tue 23-Dec-14 21:22:47

My niece asked for a cuddle from the 'real life human baby Jesus' on her Santa list.

Romeyroo Tue 23-Dec-14 21:23:34

Just read that Santa has got just under ten hours to go; there is an elf sat MNing here as too tired to go and wrap fshock

WhirlyTwirlySnowflakes Tue 23-Dec-14 21:26:03

I imagine anything missed will be eclipsed by the bike!

But in this house too the opening if advent calendars signals the closing of the list...?

hmc Tue 23-Dec-14 21:29:26

I am impressed that her list consists of sporting apparel and not build-a-bear

Primadonnagirl Tue 23-Dec-14 21:37:05

Well she gets a gold star for being both cute and fierce!

CurlyWurlyCake Tue 23-Dec-14 21:44:53

Love that list!

It's a tad too late late for this year though. All requests in by the first of December. I then take on board those "I wish I had put such and such on this list" <sad face> request and see what I can do on behalf of the elves listening.

RunawayReindeer Tue 23-Dec-14 21:48:45

I have had a lovely late addition the list (my little pony rainbow Kingdom world thing) got it already woop woop

JeffVaderRunsTheDeathStar Tue 23-Dec-14 21:51:12

Bless her, good idea those saying to give deadline of December 1st. I will use that when my DD is old enough to understand dates. (She's 3 but might burst with excitement as she has grasped the concept of santa somewhat)

Goldmandra Tue 23-Dec-14 21:57:45

DD1 (17) told me at 8.00am on Sunday that she had decided (at last) what she would like for Christmas which is a watch. She will be waiting for the sales as my list, like FC's closed some time ago.

DD2 (11) is having her first Christmas as a non-believer in FC so I told her that, if there's anything in her pile she would like to change, I will have the receipts and not be offended. She thanked me and told me that she was sure that wouldn't happen as I have got absolutely everything spot on every year so far <stealth boast>

NowBringUsSomeFuzzpiggyPudding Wed 24-Dec-14 08:21:22

I love that list! Well done to your DD for her writing. No need to be stealthy smile

Ujjayi Wed 24-Dec-14 08:42:06

Yep definitely set a deadline in future! Youngest DS did this to me 2 years ago when visiting Santa on Christmas Eve ie asking for a gift that he had never mentioned before but apparently he could not live without. Cue mother's guilt & a hellish trip to Toys R Us grin

We set a deadline of mid-November because my DC also receive gifts from Sinterklaas from 1-5 December (DH is Dutch).

QuietTinselTardis Wed 24-Dec-14 10:23:10

Ds had a last minute request for Santa but because of my utter stupidity we didn't get to see Santa in his grotto I could've cried when I realised, I had promised him for ages we could go so he didn't get the last minute request. Which is good because there is no way ds is getting a remote control truck and car from santa. I need to introduce a deadline next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now