Talk

Advanced search

What to do with gingerbread house once you've picked off all the sweets and eaten as much of the house as you can....

(4 Posts)
TheKitchenWitch Tue 23-Dec-14 12:14:37

because it goes a bit dry after a while and (in our house at least) nobody is interested in eating it with all the other lovely Christmassy treats around.

So anyway, I had the brilliant <modest> idea of breaking it up into crumbs and using it as the base of a cheesecake and OH MY GOD was it fantastic!
Did a caramel and chocolate topping, which no doubt added to its general marvellousness too grin
Ds declared it the best cheesecake ever, and I am feeling rather smug at not having wasted the gingerbread: win-win!

Just thought I'd pass the idea on smile

lolalotta Tue 23-Dec-14 12:16:55

I made one for my reception DDs class so none hanging around here...grin

WUME Tue 23-Dec-14 13:30:45

Did it go crunchy? Ours is a bit soft now.

I'm wondering what toppings I could do that don't involve a trip to the shops ...

TheKitchenWitch Tue 23-Dec-14 15:16:39

It dried out, but it's been out since the first week of December - the gingerbread house is always the first Christmassy thing we do.

I've put the leftover gingerbread crumbs in the freezer, I'm going to mix them into crumble topping over the holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now