Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone save presents for New Year's Day?

(5 Posts)
Shamazeballs Tue 23-Dec-14 09:36:02

I've gone a tad overboard and I don't want to overwhelm the DCs. Would it be odd to keep some presents back until New Years Day?

I'm never starting my shopping early again! We could open a library with the amount of books to be opened.

Alexaa Tue 23-Dec-14 10:43:09

Maybe keep one present for DC each until New Years! But yes, if you give them presents at New Year it may seem a little odd to them and they might think you'ree going to give that to them every year!

simbacatlivesagain Tue 23-Dec-14 11:49:15

We used to get a table gift on new Years Day (lego set say) with the yorkshire course of the lunch. I assume it is a Yorkshire tradition as it was always done.

Shamazeballs Tue 23-Dec-14 12:09:51

We're going out for dinner Xmas day so maybe I'll just save some for the evening.

It's only little stocking filler things. There's just so many of them!

Snowflakepie Tue 23-Dec-14 12:16:48

I've deliberately got the DC an annual each, to mark the new year as they are small and won't really grasp the idea anyway. DDs birthday is in early Jan so she thinks the whole season is just presents, as we have a second Christmas with whichever set of GPs we didn't see on Christmas Day, then new year, then birthday. If you have gifts then why not, it can all be a bit overwhelming in one go IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now