Talk

Advanced search

I fancy some Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas Day Brekkie...

(8 Posts)
ArtyFartyQueen Tue 23-Dec-14 09:34:35

Has anyone got a good recipe, preferably with english units so I don't have to work it out?

TIA fsmile

dumdedah Tue 23-Dec-14 09:50:28

I've made the Clone of a Cinnabon recipe on allrecipes before, and they were yummy. Think you can change measurement units on there somewhere? They are a bit of a faff, but you can make ahead and freeze in the tray (mentioned in the comments). I did only need a fraction of the cream cheese topping, so i would at least half that.

marssparklesdownonme Tue 23-Dec-14 13:42:49

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/may/22/how-to-bake-perfect-cinnamon-buns I make these regularly

ArtyFartyQueen Tue 23-Dec-14 14:50:41

Thanks Marsparklesdownonme, I was hoping to do these in advance on Christmas eve and then stick them in the oven on Christmas day morning. Would this work?

mostlysinging Tue 23-Dec-14 15:14:17

The other option is to cheat and buy the Justrol cinnamon buns in a box. Not as nice as homemade but much easier!

BikeRunSki Tue 23-Dec-14 15:15:43

I was going to say what mostly did.

VeryPunny Tue 23-Dec-14 15:23:00

Stay away from the Novella Domestic Goddess recipe - it's mostly a work of fiction. I like the guardian recipe posted above.

callmekitten Tue 23-Dec-14 21:09:00

Posted my recipe on the "What are you having for Christmas breakfast?" thread but it is in American measurements. But it's worth "translating", I promise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now