Talk

Advanced search

What have your dc asked for that you haven't got?

(162 Posts)
SpottyTeacakes Mon 22-Dec-14 15:54:46

Dd has just asked FC for a frozen doctors kit. They don't even exist! She also keeps asking for frozen dolls but she never actually plays with barbie type dolls so she won't be getting any...

GoogleyEyes Mon 22-Dec-14 15:56:49

Cuddly Frozen dolls with clothes that can be taken on and off. Doesn't exist.

And a last minute request for a toy rowing boat to go in the bath.

Fanfeckintastic Mon 22-Dec-14 15:59:27

DD wants a digger that you ride in but we don't have a garden so I got get a remote control one instead, it looks great fun!

Justputyourshoesonnow Mon 22-Dec-14 16:01:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greensnail Mon 22-Dec-14 16:02:27

Dd1 wants a panic button

unclerory Mon 22-Dec-14 16:03:21

Bit of a Frozen theme going on in this thread. DD1 asked for Frozen LEGO. There is no such thing as Frozen LEGO so I said to her ' I don't think they make Frozen LEGO' and she looked at me and said 'Santa is MAGIC, he can make ANYTHING'. Do you think it would be cruel to tell her he didn't exist and it's just me?

MrsCosmopifairylight Mon 22-Dec-14 16:04:05

A 'Princess Elsa Frozen Castle'. Nope. It's plastic tat.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 22-Dec-14 16:04:36

Bloody monty and mabel.

Got the jellycat versions but it won't be the same.

SpottyTeacakes Mon 22-Dec-14 16:06:40

These are funny! I'm hoping on Christmas morning she will have forgotten all about it.

petalunicorn Mon 22-Dec-14 16:07:07

uncleroy - there will be frozen lego extremely soon - www.bricksandbloks.com/2015-lego-frozen-elsas-sparkling-ice-palace-41062-revealed/ released in some countries fro Christmas, not in the UK until the new year.

GertrudePerkins Mon 22-Dec-14 16:07:22

dd2 - Merida dress
dd1 - party dress

dd1 has got a smart outfit, but it's jacket/skirt/top, and dd2 has an Anna dress, so I'm hoping that they will be fobbed off easily enough. dd2 also mentioned wanting a talking baby doll that is actually a monkey in disguise hmm.

ellenjames Mon 22-Dec-14 16:07:43

I have done my best with everything but ds1 asked for a ps4 yesterday! Not going to happen even if I could afford it! Have got everything dd asked for roughly, ds1 wanted a meditation matgrin(he is 8) but dh thinks I haven't got one he will like but we shall have to see!
Ds2 wanted the huge turtle sewer thing which I managed. He told Santa yesterday he wanted £100! Bloody kidssmile

sillymillyb Mon 22-Dec-14 16:09:23

A real horse that will sit on the sofa and watch tv with him....

Purplehonesty Mon 22-Dec-14 16:10:19

Ds asked for spiderman Lego last week. We've already bought all his gifts so I didn't go out and buy any.

If he asks I will say that Santa can't buy everything as there are so many children to buy for.
Or I might say its Because you don't bloody listen to me and Santa knows!!! That's a bit cruel though.

Iggly Mon 22-Dec-14 16:11:32

An Anna dress (frozen)

Another Elsa dress hmm (dd is only three and loves elsa!)

Ds wants a £100+ Lego set. Never going to happen! Especially as he's hardly played with the sets he did have on his birthday (not helped by his friends breaking them up angry)

Badvocinapeartree Mon 22-Dec-14 16:14:12

An iPhone.
Hahahahaha
Bless him, he doesn't ask for much. But he will have to make do with Dhs old one when the contract ends!

TheReluctantCountess Mon 22-Dec-14 16:15:26

Loads! He wanted his own iPad, or an Xbox one. He has neither. We're not made of money.

TheReluctantCountess Mon 22-Dec-14 16:16:02

Minecraft Lego - can't be found for love nor money.

englishmummyinwales Mon 22-Dec-14 16:16:20

Unclerory - similar issue here with an Octonauts toy which doesn't exist (not sure why as they seem to snap up every other marketing opportunity, my house is overrun with Gups) and told me knowingly that Santa's elves could make it. I gave him a brief overview of patenting laws and how they even apply to Santa - he looked briefly shell shocked but seems to have accepted it and still believes!

unclerory Mon 22-Dec-14 16:19:24

uncleroy - there will be frozen lego extremely soon - www.bricksandbloks.com/2015-lego-frozen-elsas-sparkling-ice-palace-41062-revealed/ released in some countries fro Christmas, not in the UK until the new year.

Oh no, that's the next birthday present sorted then.

jimblejambles Mon 22-Dec-14 16:19:56

Ds2 is convinced Father Christmas is ringing him reindeer socks with bells on. Can't find bloody reindeer socks anywhere never mind with bells on

Badvocinapeartree Mon 22-Dec-14 16:20:16

Countess...I have seen Minecraft lego on amazon?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 22-Dec-14 16:22:28

DS1 - Beats Pill. I'm not paying that sort of money for a little speaker.

DS2 - A glass fronted storage cabinet for his bedroom. His bedroom that just about fits a bed, wardrobe & desk in as it is.

DD - the Frozen dressing table thing "vanity" I think they call it. £50 for a small plastic table? Nooooooo thank you! Oh, and chips. The last draft of her letter to Santa had "chips" on it fgrin.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Mon 22-Dec-14 16:22:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WipsGlitter Mon 22-Dec-14 16:24:42

A ds3d. £150 - no way!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now