Talk

Advanced search

A quick 'Yay!' for The Book People

(7 Posts)
KittiesInsane Mon 22-Dec-14 12:50:18

OK, this is partly a Hermes-are-awful grumble, but mostly a pleasant surprise at some really good customer service.

Hermes claimed to have delivered my Christmas books order, but I hadn't received a snifter of them. Tried their usual random hiding places the bin ans then contacted the Book People site -- who said 'Very sorry, we'll investigate, but meanwhile we've reissued your order and sent it express via ParcelForce this time. If you receive duplicates, please donate them to charity with our best wishes'.

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 22-Dec-14 13:41:59

Glad you got your order sorted. I don't understand why sgops use Hermes as they are famous for being rubbish and hiring idiot drivers who think the bin is an acceptable place to hide a parcel. The blouse that I ordered from H&M was completely ruined because the parcel had a tear in it & the driver put it in the bin.

Showy Mon 22-Dec-14 13:44:01

I like The Book People. Had some brilliant customer service from them a few weeks ago and their deliveries are always timely ime.

Pippidoeswhatshewants Mon 22-Dec-14 13:46:21

Well done, The Book People! I am impressed and will make a point of buying more from them in 2015.

PesoPenguin Mon 22-Dec-14 16:58:26

The Book People are always fab for that. I nevera get books from anyone else!

LePetitMarseillais Mon 22-Dec-14 18:01:26

Always had utterly fab service,fab books and fab prices.

You can't beat them.

IAmAPaleontologist Mon 22-Dec-14 18:03:16

book people are great. Thankfully so is my hermes delivery bloke, he gives a brilliant service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now