Talk

Advanced search

M&S Christmas food, have forgot what I've ordered??

(15 Posts)
Fcukfifa Mon 22-Dec-14 12:09:09

Hi!

Has anyone else ordered a luxury vegetable selection and premium garnish selection?

I'm trying to work out if anything is needed but I can't remember what is included in these?

Thank you! fgrin

bryonyelf Mon 22-Dec-14 12:39:45

The details a still online. Take a look but usually they cover everything.

Fcukfifa Mon 22-Dec-14 13:05:04

Oh are they, I tried clicking a link through my email but it said the food web page was closed now, I'll try going through the normal website. Thanks.

StetsonsAreCool Mon 22-Dec-14 13:10:45

Picked mine up this morning (between contractions, I'm rock hard!)

Veg: roasties, parsnips, red cabbage, cauli cheese, sprouts/carrots

Garnish: cranberry/port sauce, bread sauce, turkey gravy plus pigs in blankets and pork parcels wrapped in pancetta.

StetsonsAreCool Mon 22-Dec-14 13:16:21

Actually , just looked in the fridge and the premium garnish selection is just the meaty bits. Presumably the sauces have got their own name confused

Fcukfifa Mon 22-Dec-14 13:19:37

Between contractions?! Go you!! fshock

Does it look like a lot of food? I originally ordered with 4 in mind and now have an extra 3 coming so panicking!

The gravy are extra orders smile

Going to make a huge bowl of mash and Yorkshire puddings to pad it out a bit.

Good luck with the contractions too!

TarkaTheOtter Mon 22-Dec-14 13:22:10

Oooh I have an M&S question, if you don't mind me hijacking the thread OP?

Does the stuff come in disposable roasting trays? We are having Christmas lunch in a holiday flat and I doubt it will be well equipped. Might have to bring some trays if not.
Will we need fat for the potatoes etc?

Thanks in advance, it's the first year we have ordered from M&S.

Fcukfifa Mon 22-Dec-14 13:33:04

Not at all Tarka, I'm assuming it can all be baked in the trays, well I'm hoping so!

Apart from roasts that I like to spread out more so they go crispier. Not sure about extra fat needed, it's my first time ordering from them, but someone else will be more knowledgable than me!

TarkaTheOtter Mon 22-Dec-14 13:39:52

Thanks Fcuk

StetsonsAreCool Mon 22-Dec-14 13:47:27

We got the family feast (feeds 6) and there will be me, DH and 4yo dd to feed - and a newborn by the look of it now fgrin

This is the first time we've done it too, and I booked it just in case, so we wouldn't have to worry about food shopping this close to my due date.

The fridge is full. There are so many veggies, the turkey crown is massive, and we could make a meal just out of the pigs in blankets fshock

The turkey is in a tray, the veg isn't. Some of it is microwaveable, but you'll need a big tray for the roast potatoes and parsnips, plus baking tray for the pigs and other meaty garnish things.

Right. Taking DD to my parents now then off to hospital! Enjoy your Christmas feasts everyone!

TarkaTheOtter Mon 22-Dec-14 13:50:30

Thanks for replying stetson! That's really useful to know.

Hope everything goes well for you today!! Congratulations!

StetsonsAreCool Mon 22-Dec-14 13:55:03

Thank you fgrin

pollypocket123 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:41:52

Let us know, Stetson! Good luck x

Fcukfifa Mon 22-Dec-14 20:38:55

Ooh it won't be any baby.....but an M&S baby fgrin

JoanHickson Mon 22-Dec-14 20:43:48

Wow, good luck with the new arrival.

I tried to view online and was unable to do so.

We forgot what the cheese part included. We got the turkey, veg.garnish.cheese and chocolate Christmas tree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now