Talk

Advanced search

Going away for Christmas what to do about the Playmobil!

(11 Posts)
PeanutButterOnly Sun 21-Dec-14 21:07:24

Here's a trivial problem! Going away for Christmas to relatives. What to do if DS wants to play with the ginormous Playmobil dragon Castle? All those losable bits. Do we build it there or make him wait till we get home on 27?? Thinking tantrums. He's 5.

lemisscared Sun 21-Dec-14 21:09:53

Don't give it to him til he comes home. those things are a bastard to make up.

NewNameFor2015 Sun 21-Dec-14 21:15:17

Is that his only present? Keep it a home and say (Santa if you do that it parents if not!) left one behind at home! He'll be all excited opening, you and dp (most likely or!) can get the car unpacked and washing started in peace?

PeanutButterOnly Sun 21-Dec-14 21:25:18

Hmm good plan to save it. That's one main present, the other is leap tv + a couple of games, also not ideal for being away. Might have to get some extra lego sets or something (sigh)

bryonyelf Sun 21-Dec-14 21:27:11

Can you get him a dragon to go with the play set?

PeanutButterOnly Sun 21-Dec-14 21:29:35

Hmm good point, actually his stocking is bringing a couple of small ones. See he is already spoilt wink

attheendoftheday Sun 21-Dec-14 23:52:14

I think that you should let him play with it tbh. I know it will be a monumental pain in the backside, but asking a 5 year old to wait 2 days for his main present is a but harsh. There'll be a list of all the parts so you can do an inventory before you leave.

ChristmasName Mon 22-Dec-14 06:50:50

We're doing playmobil early. We'll be travelling around a lot and there will be a lot of mobile babies everywhere- so really don't want to take it with us.

fooogle Mon 22-Dec-14 07:25:46

Prob id set it up and kind of remove the tiny bits for 'at home' on unpacking? We went to Canada last Christmas to relative and took a playmobil pirate ship with us... We managed and don't think we lost much despite wAs played with bit royally trashed now though after a year...rough 5 yr old

dancingwitch Mon 22-Dec-14 09:20:34

My 5yo is getting the hotel. We're taking it with us in the box, will build it on Xmas Eve for DD to play with but I'm not planning on giving her all of the littlest bits. I think I'm going to have to dismantle it again to bring it home.
I did think of leaving it at home but, for DD, it is her only present other than a couple of books and stocking fillers which are socks, pants, hair bobbles & chocolate and the relatives we are staying with give her ballet lessons as her present so, if we don't take the Playmobil, she won't have anything to play with.

PeanutButterOnly Mon 22-Dec-14 13:20:44

Thanks all. We could build it the night before and remove small items. Good idea. Maybe I will delegate this task grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now