Talk

Advanced search

Where to store large present??

(8 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Sun 21-Dec-14 09:05:43

Last year it was a Barbie dream house, and it took me and 6 friends hours to build it on Christmas Eve (we were slightly drunk which probably didn't help!)

This year we're out all day and night Christmas Eve, and all evening the 23rd... If we build DD's kitchen now I rely she'll see a big present and wonder why it's here already?

Or is there a simple solution I'm missing!

Redtartanshoes Sun 21-Dec-14 09:07:17

Garage, loft, under bed, in wardrobe with sheet over it, at s neighbours, in the boot of car

SantasBassoon Sun 21-Dec-14 09:07:58

Is there a neighbour who'd keep it for a day or so? If not, you'll have to sort it out very late on Christmas Eve - it can't take that much construction.

silverfingersandtoes Sun 21-Dec-14 09:08:51

Garage? Or could you leave it at a neighbour's?

curiousgeorgie Sun 21-Dec-14 09:16:40

It's the GLTC kitchen, so quite large... In assuming it takes ages to build but maybe I'm wrong?

TittyBojangles Sun 21-Dec-14 09:31:59

We have one of their wooden kitchens and it took flamin hours to build. There were over 100 steps in the instructions so good luck! Start now!

Skyland Sun 21-Dec-14 10:41:11

We put big items in the downstairs loo and lock the door from the outside. Silly lock always seems to break a couple if days before Xmas. We are building a fisher price car thing tonight.

chloejaynemummy Sun 21-Dec-14 15:20:42

We have same problem dh I'd picking up presents from mil xmas eve on his way back from work while I'm taking her out for a walk to tire her out so she will sleep! Luckily for us we are in a house which has been converted and are the only ones in this part so we can store stuff down stairs and up in the loft! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: