Talk

Advanced search

Flat pack presents

(8 Posts)
itssangriaoclock Sat 20-Dec-14 22:01:58

Brought ds a kitchen for Christmas after reading reviews online discovered it would take 2 hours minimum to build.

2 hours 15 so far and no expletives so must be going well. Daren't ask lol.

Glad we knew and didn't starts the Christmas Eve as originally planned.

In laws have already spent 3 an half hours building his car.

Anyone else have any stories does this getting better or worse?

Will update with total time. Really hope our little man loves his present

itssangriaoclock Sat 20-Dec-14 23:54:58

After 4 hours he has called it a night. I would say only half way through. Part of it is put together upside down. Still no expletives so doing well all things considered.

How long are these things meant to take? Ds only 19months I presume this won't be our last Christmas building in preparation?

wtftodo Sun 21-Dec-14 00:56:28

Oh my god. Poor you guys. We gave a flat pack kitchen also awaiting construction..

lostindubai Sun 21-Dec-14 06:36:39

We also have one waiting to be made. Which one is yours and do you have any tips??!

rumtumtugger Sun 21-Dec-14 06:37:53

Ha, same here - red Kidcraft kitchen in a box downstairs waiting to be put together...

NorwaySpruce Sun 21-Dec-14 06:42:51

You are doing pretty well.

A rookie mistake is to leave it til 9pm on Christmas Eve, only to discover a vital piece is missing/damaged/the wrong colour.

There ought to be a special name for the horrible dread you feel at that point...

itssangriaoclock Sun 21-Dec-14 09:59:29

Norwayspruce that's the exact reason dh decided to start putting it together last night.

It the ELC kitchen diner.

Only tip allow plenty of time, dh is usually pretty handy with things like this but I think this is beating him slightly.

itssangriaoclock Sun 21-Dec-14 20:04:25

Total time was 5hrs and 3mins can't wait to see his little face on thurs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now