Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Day Fooooooood

(18 Posts)
iamthedivergentbuddytheelf Sat 20-Dec-14 16:56:43

Breakfast (8am ish) will be american style pancakes with strawberries and squirty cream for the DDs and DH and I will be having bacon rolls; everyone will have some fresh juice too

Lunch (noon ish) I think I am planning just nibbly bits like sausages, crisps and dip, crackers and cheese kind of thing

Dinner (4:30 ish) creamy garlic mushrooms on toasted baguette for DH and I, the DDs will have some soup; turkey crown with potatoes (mash and roasties), veg, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese yorkshire pudding, gravy and either a nice roulade or gateaux for pudding a little while later.

Going to be queued up at Morries tomorrow at 8am with my £25 off christmas shop voucher and hope its not too bad!

madsadbad Sat 20-Dec-14 17:34:11

Breakfast- chocolate for me grin, danish, pancakes and croissant, fresh juice, bucksfizz and fruit tree

Lunch
Slow cooked rib eye joint
Roast potatoes
Honey and mustard roasted parsnips
maple roasted carrots
Pigs in blankets
Gravy
Yorkshire puddings
Mushroom and roasted garlic meat stuffing
Apricot and chestnut stuffing
Sprouts with bacon and chestnuts
Sweetcorn
cheesy leek's
something cabbagy
Something green beany
sweed with loads of butter and pepper
roasted cauliflower

Dinner
Me a bottle of baileys grin
Every one else, cheeses, pates, other crap I have not thought of.

bryonyelf Sat 20-Dec-14 17:38:27

Breakfast - bacon, eggs, pancakes, coffee, juice and champers

Lunch - nibble bits, cheese, party food etc

Tea - 3 bird roast, veg, gravy, roasties, dessert of some sort, cheeseboard, wine, champers. Port, coffee.

Sainsburys coming Tuesday. M&S collection later in day.

iamthedivergentbuddytheelf Sat 20-Dec-14 17:48:33

mmm sounds great grin

HopeAndChristmasStories Sat 20-Dec-14 18:33:03

Breakfast- fresh pain au chocolats, cinnamon swirls, bacon/sausage sandwiches & bucks fizz/juice/warm spiced apple juice

Lunch- Chicken, mash, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, pigs in blankets, honey roasted parsnips and carrots, peas, sprouts and panchetta (sp?), gravy. chocolate fudge cake with either custard/squirty cream/Madagascan cream. Champagne/red wine/juice

Dinner- party food

I don't think I'll be moving off the sofa for days! grin and I think I've missed some stuff off!

iamthedivergentbuddytheelf Sat 20-Dec-14 18:43:45

I am just so looking forward to some good food and good company grin

rallytog1 Sat 20-Dec-14 18:50:20

How do you fit that lot in your oven/hob madsadbad? Sounds amazing! envy

Snowballsallaround Sat 20-Dec-14 18:51:42

Breakfast: pain au chocolat, croissants, coffee and orange juice

Dinner -Turkey, beef, pigs in blankets, stuffing, roast potatoes, roast carrots and parsnips, sprouts, peas, cauliflower cheese and Yorkshire puds grin

Tea: Christmas sandwich on lovely crusty fresh bread.

Starving now.

MarthaMonkeynuts Sat 20-Dec-14 18:59:34

Woah that fruit tree looks ace, I might have a go at that.

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sat 20-Dec-14 18:59:38

Breakfast: Pancakes with fresh berries and maple syrup

Lunch: Roast goose, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, orange soaked carrots, cauliflower, peas, pigs in blankets, creamed leaks and cherry stuffing. Not too much fizzy stuff as I'm working in the evening.

Heston's Black Forest Bouche

Supper: Fig, parma ham and feta cheese salad with basalmic vinegar and crusty bread. Maybe some sort of cake too.

Nothavingfunrightnow Sat 20-Dec-14 19:05:04

Breakfast at about 9am: scrambled eggs, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, toast, orange juice.

Late lunch at about 4pm: roast lamb, turkey crown, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes (octogenarian Dad's favourite) , brussel sprouts and chestnut thingy, roast carrots and roast parsnips, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce (DH's favourite), maybe peas!

Later...mince pies, Christmas pud, custard, cream ice cream.

Lots later: cheese and biscuits, grapes, port.

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Sat 20-Dec-14 19:24:37

LOVE mashed potatoes. Add a little cream and they are mind blowing.

Might add mash to my lunch blush

hyperhops Sat 20-Dec-14 19:35:28

breakfast: toasting waffles, croissants, crepes. coffee , fruit juice

Lunch: (2 ish) Turkey, gammon, roast pots, mashed pot, pigs in blankets, stuffing, yorkshires(yes!), carrots, roast parsnips, brocolli, sprouts
Christmas pudding or profiterole crown
shloer, champagne

Tea: salad,baguettes,cold turkey for any still hungry

yum yum!!

Notso Sat 20-Dec-14 19:42:46

Breakfast cinnamon rolls or bacon sandwich or both if people want.

Snacks, white bean and Gorgonzola dip crudités, homemade breadsticks, baked camembert, homemade sausage rolls

Dinner at 5ish
Quartet of canapé to start, beef and horseradish tartlets, goats cheese and onion tartlets, bruschetta and smoked salmon tartlets.

Roast Turkey,
Roast Gammon (a tiny one mainly for my toddlers who don't eat turkey)
Pigs in blankets
Pork, leek and chestnut stuffing,
Sage and onion stuffing,
Roast carrots and parsnips
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese,
Sprouts with chestnuts,
Braised red cabbage with apples,
Mashed carrot and swede,
Roast potatoes,
Mashed potatoes
Gravy, red currant jelly, cranberry sauce and bread sauce

Followed by trifle, baileys cheesecake or cheeseboard.

Can't wait. First Christmas Day with DSIS for 6 years fsmile

madsadbad Sat 20-Dec-14 22:12:52

rallytog1
Its my first time cooking at home, usually at me Mums and she has a mahoosive double oven thing- the answer to your question is I don't have a freaking clue, and in all this planning I did not even think of that blush- I am currently stood in kitchen with laptop and looking at my oven and my list like this shock...
I had thought to put the rib eye in my slow cooker, so that would free up space, I have made and frozen my yorkies so I can pop them in for the last few mins when dishing up, but did not even think I may struggle with the rest.
Such a rookie mistake, but I will make it work!

MarthaMonkeynuts
Hopefully mine does not turn into one of these...
www.boredpanda.com/funny-pinterest-fails/

annabanana19 Sat 20-Dec-14 23:52:19

Breakfast of usual. Toast and cereal.
Lunch 12.30. Roast dinner with HM rice pudding.
Tea when kids want it. Sandwich/crisps etc.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 20-Dec-14 23:56:21

Breakfast smoked salmon scrambled eggs

Lunch/dinner turkey, stuffing, pigs in blankets, sprouts, carrots, parsnips potatoes and Christmas pud.

If anyone is hungry later leftovers and crisps.

Lolipoplady Sun 21-Dec-14 00:17:24

That fruit Christmas tree looks fab! I was planning a fruit platter for Christmas day breakfast but might try this instead. Must get extra cocktail sticks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now