Talk

Advanced search

I have gone totally over the top on Christmas presents for...

(13 Posts)
HonoraryOctonaut Sat 20-Dec-14 13:51:12

Myself blush

I never get any Christmas presents as I'm a single parent and adults in my family only buy for children so I decided to treat myself this year. So I bought myself a DVD boxset. Then I saw some lovely pjs and decided to treat myself to them too. Then I saw some framed pictures that I loved and justified it to myself as an early (Jan) birthday present. Then it was snow boots (Easter), new outfit (next Christmas) and another box set (also next Christmas) and of course I had bought all the DC selection boxes so to stop myself eating theirs I bought some for myself too.

Now my pile is almost as big as theirs! blush

I ought to send some of it back really, I can just afford it as long as I don't over spend next month but it feels so naughty!

And I've just seen a Criminal Minds boxset that I really want, and am posting here so I don't buy it! I don't know what's come over me, usually I spend every penny on the DC and buy my clothes from eBay etc, I've been blaming it on feeling poorly lately so wanting to cheer myself up, but really I've been buying stuff since November and I was perfectly fine then.

Lol enjoy it! You deserve a treat,right?

EatShitDerek Sat 20-Dec-14 13:58:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HonoraryOctonaut Sat 20-Dec-14 14:06:52

I've been telling myself that I deserve a treat grin I really would like the extra boxset. I've run out of celebrations to buy it in advance for though. Unless my DCs birthdays count? They should do really, it means I've survived another year of tantrums and sleepless nights. And I have 4 of them. Do legitimately I could get 4 more presents. Or I've been breastfeeding for 2 years in January! I could get a present for that. We can live on beans for a month.

I bought series 1-9 blush

marne2 Sat 20-Dec-14 14:26:41

Enjoy, you deserve it xxx

furcoatbigknickers Sat 20-Dec-14 14:29:24

Just enjoy!! Having 4 and bf and being a sp. 3 more presents?

furcoatbigknickers Sat 20-Dec-14 14:30:30

Or 4 +1 +1 or should that be 2 for bf for 2 years and as sp to me 8 more?grin

HoHoHappyHolidays Sat 20-Dec-14 14:33:05

Sounds great!!!

My DH never buys me anything for my birthday/Christmas so I also decided to treat myself. This included: Hudl 2, blu ray player + 3 boxsets, a new dress, and an insane amount of junk food!

All mums deserve to be spoiled rotten once in a while smile

HoHoHappyHolidays Sat 20-Dec-14 14:35:14

(My first presents in 5 years)

HonoraryOctonaut Sat 20-Dec-14 14:59:41

I feel all justified now grin

What boxsets did you get HoHo? I've got Criminal Minds, Lost and The 4400 to work my way through!

No idea when I will actually get chance to watch them but I've got grand plans of putting the DCs Tv/DVD into my bedroom as they see having a new one for Christmas and when I've finally got ds3 and ds4 out of my bed and into their own room watching them in bed with hot chocolate, new pjs and a hot water bottle.

Yay,glad you've bought the Criminal Minds boxset smile I would be tempted myself if it wasn't on Sky so much,but then again I could watch my favourite Dr Reid moments any time I wanted...hmmmm

(Another single parent who buys herself presents wink )

HonoraryOctonaut Sat 20-Dec-14 15:49:52

I watch it mainly for Reed grin I've got it set to record and have been watching it all out of order and haven't seen any earlier than series 6. I've got Ds2 the Doctor Who series 1-8 and all the Harry Potters too. They will be living on my DVD shelf though blush

I tried watching Criminal Intent - Suspect Behaviour on Netflix but it wasn't as good. Garcia is still in it though. I'm hoping the earlier seasons will explain the relationship between her and Morgan, where Aaron's child's mother is, Prentis' background, I've seen it be referred to that Reed gets abducted in the past too. I can't wait!

He's lovely,isn't he grin and yeah,he was abducted.It got to me a bit LOL he's quite vulnerable,despite being a (very attractive because he's so awesome!) genius.I wanted to protect him lmao

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now