Talk

Advanced search

Need small gift ideas for my DIY crackers.

(12 Posts)
SilverSnowflake Fri 19-Dec-14 09:46:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Petallic Fri 19-Dec-14 09:48:15

I've made magnets to go in ours - cheap blanks from eBay and printed out family photos with funny captions underneath. One each per cracker

Ooh, watching this thread. I've bought cheap crackers which have the hat and joke inside, was going to find appropriate little gifts, or just shove a sweet inside. Let's think...

This is just a mixed bunch of ideas, no idea what you/your family would like.

Miniature paint sets with a tiny brush
Tiny writing pad and pencil.
Sparkly nail polish.
Novelty christmas earrings
Pretty hairclips
Poundland bead bracelets
Compass
After dinner mints
Chocolate coins (treasure)
Candy necklace/watch
Balloons
Rolled up scratchcard
Small clockwork mouse/dentures
Those creatures on springs which you press down and they pop up
Fortune telling fish/mood rings
Keyrings
Lipbalm
Toy car or a little doll
Mini bubbles
Novelty erasers
Stickers or temporary tattoos
Roll on perfume
Chinese finger trap
Bouncy ball

Put in a bit of glitter or table confetti too for a bit of sparkle when they're pulled!

SilverSnowflake Fri 19-Dec-14 11:42:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlueChampagne Fri 19-Dec-14 15:21:41

packets of seeds
packs of loom bands
memory stick
mini torch
pen/pencil

FamiliesShareGerms Fri 19-Dec-14 15:37:48

How long have you got? Ie can you order online or will they not arrive in time?

Lots of stocking filler stuff online like bubbles, stretchy men and very bouncy balls

Otherwise hair clips, match attax / stickers, glow sticks, choc coins / sprouts etc all work well.

geologyrocks Fri 19-Dec-14 15:41:54

I usually put a scratchcard in the adults and one lucky one gets 20 pound grin grin

Snozwanger Fri 19-Dec-14 16:22:36

You could get small kids novelties from Hawkins Bazaar, The Entertainer or for older girls fun bits from Accessorize ie phone charms. Loom bands? For women a posh keyring or bag charm might be nice. Try your supermarket for cheaper versions of those.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 19-Dec-14 16:29:47

We always do this.
It's often along the lines of makeup, seeds, perfume or booze miniatures. For the dc it used to be Hawkins' finest but now it's more like lego minifigs, some money taped up, earphones etc.
With a lottery ticket as the fallback, always!

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sat 20-Dec-14 08:55:36

we did stick on moustaches last year was great fun and lots of funny photos to look back on grin

Chillycamper Sat 20-Dec-14 09:50:05

Like nocuts above I've gone for comic effect and just ordered these on click and collect from John Lewis into local waitrose

www.johnlewis.com/spinning-hat-emergency-moustaches/p231646986

Usually I divert stuff from stocking - tweezers, nice mascara, pens, book marks, mini torchlight, guitar plectrums, key rings, cuff links etc

Not very organised this year so emergency moustaches fits the bill!

Have never heard of emergency moustaches, so thanks for that!

Great ideas here, I love the "someone gets £20" one, must add a little moment of excitement and competition. I suppose you could do it the other way round if you were skint like me and play Russian roulette with them, all but one contain something lovely, last one contains...what? How about familiessharegerms's idea of a sprout, or perhaps a scorpion to snack on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now