Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for an adult stocking

(9 Posts)
frazzled74 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:02:25

I have a stocking that I want to fill for my friend who will be working/alone Christmas Day, ideas please? So far I have , bath bomb, mini bottle of wine, chocolate! I want to cheer her up as her dh and dcs are going to her in laws from Christmas Eve until Boxing Day, she is working various shifts over these days but will spend a large chunk of Christmas Day alone! She has turned down invite to my house as she doesn't want to "intrude on our family Christmas".

Nocturne123 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:09:59

Manicure / pedicure set, DVD ? A nice candle ?

You sound like a nice friend smile

Stars66 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:11:52

Nail varnish, hand cream, snuggley socks. More chocolate ;0)

Neeko Thu 18-Dec-14 22:16:12

Some kind of little puzzle or a book or magazine to spend an hour with?

Unexpected Thu 18-Dec-14 22:19:14

Christmas mug, hot chocolate, christmas tissues, lip balm, travel sizes of nice shampoo etc from Boots, emery board, ornament for her Christmas tree?

fluffling Thu 18-Dec-14 22:22:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ishouldcocoaHoHoHoHoHo Thu 18-Dec-14 22:22:51

A lottery scratch card. Or two.

frazzled74 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:28:08

Thank you, just couldn't think. All shopped out and don't usually buy for her but dropped presents off for her dcs when she told me about their arrangements,. I think I might buy her a full size bottle of wine and leave more room in the stocking for chocolate! Scratch cards good idea!

EthelCardew Fri 19-Dec-14 09:40:00

What a lovely friend you are!

All of the above ideas are great. A little indulgence to make the most/enjoy the positives of the time she has alone will likely be appreciated. Pamper things (face mask, nail polish), wine and chocs. Perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now