Talk

Advanced search

Have you gone over your Christmas budget?

(10 Posts)
Mountainygirl Thu 18-Dec-14 17:06:53

I have! Totalled it all up today. I was aiming for £200 for everything, but it's at least £250 by now.

One DC, lots of nieces and nephews. I've been buying little bits since September, and it's spread it out nicely

pigwitch Thu 18-Dec-14 18:18:33

I don't really have a budget as such. I just spend what I can afford at the time. I daren't add it up.

SouthernOne Thu 18-Dec-14 18:34:04

I've bought everything I wanted to buy. If it comes in under £1000 I'm happy, and tbh I think I'm a good few hundred quid under that this yearsmile

As long as I can stop the damn twitchsmile

I'll add it up at some point and hopefully be pleasantly surprised. I do have everything written down, I love a list

Meplusyouequals4 Thu 18-Dec-14 18:36:07

I'm well over budget grin but I don't care it's Christmas and im not getting in to debt so stuff it lol. Budget for DD1 was 600 I've more than doubled that.

300 budget for DH probably at about 450.

300 for in laws and my grandad. I've just got my grandad left to get and ive spent almost that.

DD2 isn't due till Feb.

Lifesalemon Thu 18-Dec-14 18:38:46

I have! About £100 up to now but hopefully that's it as I am not planning on going near another shop now until after christmas. Got the food delivery next week but that's already accounted for. I'm sure the reason I've gone over budget is because I was organised and (supposedly) finished early. unfortunately I kept seeing things that I thought people would like and got a bit carried away with extra little bits.

bigbluestars Thu 18-Dec-14 22:19:41

I don't set a budget- I will probably spend just over around £1000, including food. I have quite a lot still to get.

lisaloulou84 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:46:38

Errr yes!

Knew I shouldn't have got a job in what is essentially a gift shop....

Phalenopsisgirl Thu 18-Dec-14 22:49:39

There is meant to be a budget!? Lol

Missm00 Thu 18-Dec-14 22:53:22

I'm not even going to dare think about how much I've spend, I think my problem is, because I've got most of my dd presents second hand, she's got 2x as much her baby brother. But I've spent more on him. Logic I'm still struggling with :/

WeaselOfWimbledon Thu 18-Dec-14 23:14:13

I went over by £16 - which is £84 less than last year grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now