Talk

Advanced search

Dd's Friend

(11 Posts)
insanityscratching Thu 18-Dec-14 16:00:50

We take dd's friend to and from school every day to help out her parents who have young ones in a different school. She is the most lovely girl and has been hugely supportive to dd who has autism.
It's obvious from what she has said that Christmas won't be terribly exciting for her as her parents perhaps have different priorities (pub) but I'm sad that she only has some new clothes to look forward to.
I had bought her a book and a selection box but was thinking of adding a Maleficent dvd to it as she came with dd to watch it at the cinema and loved it.
I don't want to offend her parents and equally I don't want them to think they need to buy for dd as she has too much already. So do you think I can get away with adding the dvd which ups the cost to £15 rather than the fiver I had spent?

weebarra Thu 18-Dec-14 16:04:42

I think that would be a lovely thing to do.

emeline Thu 18-Dec-14 16:05:32

Something that'd make a good kid happy? Yay! Do it.

Happy christmas.fsmile

santababy11 Thu 18-Dec-14 16:08:59

Absolutely! Lovely idea fsmile

Chillyegg Thu 18-Dec-14 16:11:03

That's a lovely idea! Yey! That's actually cheered me up reading that! X

Fanfeckintastic Thu 18-Dec-14 17:51:11

Oh please do it fsmile

Greencurtain Thu 18-Dec-14 17:53:14

Yes do it

jellyandsoup Fri 19-Dec-14 10:17:59

If you can afford it do it, you could always tell the parents your dd had 2 copies.

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 19-Dec-14 10:27:08

Yes do it and drop it off late Christmas Eve so they dont have time to reciprocate. That is what I do to my OAP neighbours as they are lovely to my dc especially my ds who has autism.

DrElizabethPlimpton Fri 19-Dec-14 10:30:34

That is such a lovely idea.

CaulkheadUpNorth Fri 19-Dec-14 10:33:00

Lovely idea. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now