Talk

Advanced search

Is this ok? special TA presents

(3 Posts)

My son is a severe and complex autistic who has his own TAs and room at school.They are fantastic and deserve a treat.

One of them I know much much better than the others,he's an amazing guy and I could easily find loads of things to get him for Christmas,in fact had something in mind.BUT the others (including one he doesn't see so much now) I don't know too well and wouldn't have a clue.

Last year I bought the one I know well,something I knew he'd love (a One in a Minion cup)and was a saw this and thought of you present, but the other two ended up with pretty generic presents as I didn't know what to get them and they seemed a bit hurt.

So,with that and leaving things until last minute,I've got the main two (both male) an Amazon voucher and intend to put a little note in explaining why it's so impersonal and adding to TA one that something I know he would probably like is on Amazon for the same price,I didn't want other TA's to feel like I'd got one a better present than the other and for TA two,adding that I wouldn't know what to get him as my sons suggestion was a tennis ball (will make him laugh!)!

Female TA has rose plant.
I'll be sending in chocs to share and I've got ds to make them a little story each,about themselves.

Is that ok or does it seem a bit pants?I'm feeling a bit rubbish about resorting to gift cardsblush

viruswithhold Thu 18-Dec-14 13:57:21

Sounds like a very nice thing to do, and lovely.

CwtchesAndCuddles Thu 18-Dec-14 21:20:29

Sounds lovely - my son has autism and goes to a special school, he is in small class with 1 teacher and 4 TAs. I have bought them a botle of wine each this year and have put a personal note in each of their Christmas cards thanking them for all they do.
I also bake some goodies for them to share!

I think it's more about making them feel appreciated than the gift itself, and making them aware of how much you value their input.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now