Talk

Advanced search

Christmas present for someone who suffers from ulcers

(7 Posts)
TallulahTwinkletoes Thu 18-Dec-14 12:11:16

Hello,

My DPs gran suffers from ulcers and is finding them painful. This started in time for last Christmas. We normally get her gin, which she loves but now struggles to drink due to pain.

She's in her seventies and a typical gran but very fun. What can we get her for Christmas??? Please help... Everything I can think of revolves around food and I think she'd find slippers boring.

I'm thinking a fancy scarf but looked for that for my own gran and never found one. Approx £15 I think grin

Tia

TallulahTwinkletoes Thu 18-Dec-14 13:12:26

Hopeful bump wink

KitKat1985 Thu 18-Dec-14 13:16:44

Would she appreciate a necklace or bracket? Or a nice new purse?

TallulahTwinkletoes Thu 18-Dec-14 13:41:56

Hmmmm. Necklace/bracelet could be good. I'll have a gander on Saturday.

Thinking maybe a fancy hair clip as she still has long hair.

Anything else?

erin99 Thu 18-Dec-14 13:49:26

A nice blanket, or is that too boring too?

when my gran was getting elderly we used to get her foody bits, especially from Fortnum & Mason, books. I think my mum used to get her nighties but that goes with slippers. Nail varnish?

erin99 Thu 18-Dec-14 13:50:45

Oh and biggest hit ever was a bird feeder that stuck to the outside of her window, and a couple of fat balls from the garden centre.

TallulahTwinkletoes Thu 18-Dec-14 14:36:08

Wow. I wish I'd asked you for my gran. Bird feeder would have been an equally big hit there. I have no idea if she likes birds.

She's just the same as you and I but in an older body. She has two Yorkshire terriers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now