Talk

Advanced search

Hexbug help

(9 Posts)
Chimpola Thu 18-Dec-14 11:12:14

Thinking of getting my nearly 6 yr old son some hexbug stuff - I know nothing about them and am finding it all a bit confusing - any recommendations as to what I should get? (Max I want to spend is £30)

Thanks

Ps he has no hexbug toys at present

YoullLikeItNotaLot Thu 18-Dec-14 11:18:35

There's a new Hexbug nano range which goes up as well as round - I've got my 7 year old that.

With �30 you can't really go wrong - you'll get a decent sized set and it's a bit like lego in that you can keep adding to it - you don't have to buy a big set in one go.

The little bug things are the key thing to be honest - if you can get about 4 of them he'll enjoy with any set - some sets have more "bugs" than others or you can buy a set with less bugs and purchase the bugs separately.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Thu 18-Dec-14 11:20:13

In fact - argos have them on two for �30 atthe moment...

MrsMarigold Thu 18-Dec-14 11:21:28

I've seen them in TKMaxx a few times

YoullLikeItNotaLot Thu 18-Dec-14 11:25:00

Sorry to go on, but the Hexbug infinity set at �19.99 includes one hexbug, so I'd probably buy one more as well - it is funny to see them bouncing off each other or racing.

YoullLikeItNotaLot Thu 18-Dec-14 11:26:24

Or OP, get this one - half price and included two hexbugs - he'll love it: www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1145610.htm

CaisleanDraiochta Thu 18-Dec-14 11:32:19

Definitely get as many bugs as you can afford rather than get a bigger track. the bugs are the fun bit IMO where as the tracks are flimsy plastic that breaks easily (my DS aged 7 still loves it though!) So maybe a medium sized track to start with as you can add bits to it later and 3 or 4 bugs.

Oh and stock up on the little button cell batteries that go in the bugs (pound shop sell them) as you will need plenty along with a tiny screwdriver.

BornToFolk Thu 18-Dec-14 11:36:01

I agree with lots of bugs! You can get the V1 ones fairly cheaply now (like �4 each). DS has a few of these and enjoys making runs for them out of old cardboard boxes etc, even though he's also got the official playsets.

Chimpola Thu 18-Dec-14 11:41:00

Fantastic, thank you so much, think I'll get that 19.99 one from argos along with a couple of extra bugs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now