Talk

Advanced search

Do your year 6 children buy gifts for their friends?

(10 Posts)
marne2 Thu 18-Dec-14 10:58:23

Dd announced this morning that one of her best friends is getting her a gift for Christmas, I am now panicking, do year 6 children give gifts to their friends?

I have just spent ages wrapping chocolate oranges for TA's and presents for teachers now I might have to buy gifts for her friends too?

momb Thu 18-Dec-14 11:03:12

YD (Y5) and her friends exchange gifts. Small stuff: poundshop christmas glasses, notebooks, pens etc.
I keep a stock of inexpensive bits for this kind of thing: handwarmers, little bags etc, but this year she came shopping with us with her own (birthday) money and did everything in poundland/99p store from a list.

marne2 Thu 18-Dec-14 11:09:39

She has 3 best friends ( 1 girl and 2 boys ), maybe I should wrap up some chocolate for them, I have a few bits put back for a emergency.

marne2 Thu 18-Dec-14 11:10:47

I havn't got time to go anywhere other than the local spar shop as I live in the middle of nowhere and I have a poorly dd2 at home.

insanityscratching Thu 18-Dec-14 11:29:46

Dd gives chocolate to her best friends either a selection box (when they were buy 1 get 2 free) or we made sleighs last year. Never anything big just a token.

marne2 Thu 18-Dec-14 11:57:29

Thank you, I might just pop in the local shop and see if they have something on offer.

iseenodust Thu 18-Dec-14 14:39:40

DS yr6 hasn't given or received any presents from friends.

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Thu 18-Dec-14 15:12:15

no!! thank goodness.

Lifesalemon Thu 18-Dec-14 18:28:52

We've done cellophane bags of mixed sweets, lollies etc decorated with curly gift ribbon and a tag.

MrsLindor Thu 18-Dec-14 19:51:20

DD (year 6) brought home presents today, so we've bought and wrapped chocolate oranges tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now