Talk

Advanced search

Oops! Dh binned Santa letter

(12 Posts)
Thesimplethings Wed 17-Dec-14 20:56:18

Dh has accidentally binned dc letters from santa. Is it too late for th to get a reply from anywhere?

They are checking the post each day and wondering why they haven't had a letter back blush

traviata Wed 17-Dec-14 21:11:42

you could do a PNP personalised video for them, and just explain that Santa is trying out new technologies now?

OhHolyChildOfGallifrey Wed 17-Dec-14 21:14:32

Could you possibly mock one up on a computer and print them off?

There are templates here heavy.com/social/2013/12/letters-to-santa-christmas-templates-printables-kids/3/

I'm sure I saw some in a shop recently...I will have a look online...they may have been "to Santa" rather than "from"

Be right back!

OhHolyChildOfGallifrey Wed 17-Dec-14 21:17:56

confused I must have dreamt them!

If you can't print them off I would gladly do it for you...you can PM me details and I will post them to you?

OhHolyChildOfGallifrey Wed 17-Dec-14 21:21:03

bighugelabs.com/santa.php

BiddyPop Wed 17-Dec-14 21:46:34

Nspcc where you fill in blanks online. Nice letter too but I don't have the exact link sorry. UK org tho.

Thesimplethings Thu 18-Dec-14 10:05:58

Thanks for the ideas. Looks like I will have to make them.

ftmsoon Thu 18-Dec-14 10:47:18

Why do they need replies? Is this a new thing? We never had replies from Santa and I don't know of any of my friends whose DC are old enough yet.
Genuinely interested as we are debating whether to buy into the Father Christmas thing at all; but if I do, I want to do it properly.

CaisleanDraiochta Thu 18-Dec-14 11:24:10

I just do my own on the PC to print off, then put them in the 'magic envelope'(red felt thing that hangs on the living room door) which is the same one they use to send their letters to FC. They always get the reply on the morning of the 6th (Sinterklaas) after he has done his practice run to check which children will be getting presents on Christmas eve fgrin this is the cut off date for the DC to ask for anything that wasn't already on their previous lists too.

This year their letters took the form of a report- bedroms tidy, tick; teeth brushed every night, 7/10 (DS); bonus points awarded for doing the washing up etc. Then a comments box at the bottom with tips or things that need improvement in order to receive the coveted gift on their list, but that was mainly stuff like please make/put up some paper chain/build a gingerbread house/leave out mince pie, that we would be doing anyway.

I find you can make it much more personal by doing it yourself and obviously its cheaper too.

Sarsparilla Thu 18-Dec-14 16:15:53

Wow, I had no idea that you could write letters to Santa and actually get replies.

We burn ours in the fire (I am not supposed to see what is written on them but managed to catch a glimpse) - and no reply comes back.

Thesimplethings Fri 19-Dec-14 12:57:55

Thank you for your offer oh holy, I've got them sorted now. smile

OhHolyChildOfGallifrey Fri 19-Dec-14 14:31:17

Glad you got it sorted out. Hope you all have a good christmas fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now