Talk

Advanced search

Help! Need Ideas for Party Games!

(16 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Wed 17-Dec-14 13:24:48

MIL has just asked me to be in charge of games on Christmas Day!

It's going to be a very special Christmas for one reason and another so they need to be good!

Trouble is there will be 13 of us with a big age range. 8 adults, 1 16 yo, 2 younger teens, one 8 yo and one 6 yo.

Any ideas??

Wasn't thinking of a board game, though if anyone knows of one which would be good for all ages that's great!

I need ideas for some games to be played at the table then for later on.

So far I've got:

After Eight challenge where you have to put said choc into your mouth without touching it with your hands, it starts off on your forehead.

Charades

Heeeeelp! Tia

BlueChampagne Wed 17-Dec-14 13:29:51

Consequences
Mad Libs
Twister or 3D Twister
Chinese Whispers (if it's still called that) at the table

BaconAndAvocado Wed 17-Dec-14 14:10:09

What's "mad libs" and 3D Twister?

worm77daisy Wed 17-Dec-14 14:14:09

Have a look at minute to win it games or my pinterest board here:

fun and frolics

BaconAndAvocado Wed 17-Dec-14 14:32:15

My ipad won't allow me onto your Pinterest page and it looks fab!!!

Aghhh!

ninetynineonehundred Wed 17-Dec-14 14:38:48

Balderdash is a good board game for large groups of mixed ages

MaxsMummy2012 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:44:11

Pin the nose on Rudolph.
Pictionary on a big whiteboard.
Those game where you have to describe something without saying some key words are always good with lots of people and teams make it easy for the younger ones to join in too.

MaxsMummy2012 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:45:16

Pin the nose on Rudolph.
Pictionary on a big whiteboard.
Those game where you have to describe something without saying some key words are always good with lots of people and teams make it easy for the younger ones to join in too.

BaconAndAvocado Wed 17-Dec-14 20:13:48

Thanks, getting lots of inspiration here!

Keep,them coming!

Famous faces - go through the paper, a celeb magazine or website or two, the internet in general, and collect pictures of famous people - real or fictional. Print them out and number them, then put the sheets up for people to look at, and list as many as they can.

You can tailor the faces you choose to your target audience.

Mummies is another fun one - get a load of cheap loo roll, divide people up into teams of three - one 'mummy' and two wrappers - they get 5 minutes, and the neatest mummy wins.

Pass the parcel, with funny forfeits in each layer.

BlueChampagne Thu 18-Dec-14 14:01:16

*Mad Libs*: take a well-known piece of text - fairy tale, Christmas carol, poem ... then mark words for substitution, and keep it to yourself. Go round the players asking for a noun/verb/adjective/adverb and write these in the blanks. Then read the result - see if you can get through it without dissolving into giggles.

*3D Twister*: write various body parts (eg left ear, right knee) onto small pieces of paper, fold up and place in a hat (or similar receptacle). First pair take the floor, and someone picks two pieces of paper at random, which they have to connect (eg right knee and left ear). Now, holding this pose, they have to essay the next pair ... continue until they can't do it any more, take photos, and bring on the next pair.

Enjoy!

erin99 Thu 18-Dec-14 15:05:30

Wink murder

Balloon races - pass a balloon down the line by holding it under your chins.

EduCated Thu 18-Dec-14 15:15:48

Everyone writes (or is given) a silly sentence at the top of a piece of paper, e.g. A reindeer stole my hat; Aunty Marge is actually penguin; there's a toilet roll shortage on Mars.

You then pass it on to the next person, who has to illustrate the sentence (without writing anything). They then fold down the sentence, so only their picture is showing and pass it on.

The next person then writes a sentence to describe what they think is happening, and then fold down the picture so only their sentence is showing.

Keep passing it on, alternating drawing and writing until you get back to your own piece of paper (or run out of space). Unfold and compare the start and end and pees interpretations grin

Not as complicated as it sounds!

wanderings Thu 18-Dec-14 15:35:33

Everyone (except one person) is blindfolded, and listens to instructions to draw a picture. One instruction is given at a time, such as "draw the body of a cat... add the tail... add the ears... draw a person's lap for him to sit on". Everyone takes turns to give the instructions.

Wineandchoccy Thu 18-Dec-14 16:50:39

Right left game, if you google there is a couple of Christmas versions to print off. You will need small presents wrapped up and somebody to read it out.

Alphabet game - wrap 26 items all beginning with letters of the alphabet in tissue paper, prize for who guesses the most. Eg Y - yo yo, V - video, X - x box controller.

Bingo - all ages like this, we always have to try and let my grandma win though grin

Pass the parcel with forfeits is also good for mixed age groups.

Loolah Fri 19-Dec-14 01:38:22

inspired by celebrity juice: don't show Keith your teeth, word association game each person says something relating to a catagory whilst covering your teeth, person who shows their teeth is out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now