Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know where to get good kids' umbrellas please?

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 16-Dec-14 23:08:00

DD (4) is desperate for an umbrella for Christmas, and if she gets one DS (7) will probably want one too. I would like to get ones that aren't likely to break in the first 2 seconds though, or can be exchanged easily if they do.

So far I am considering either an M&S colour-changing one or a Frozen one for DD (though not sure how much longer the Frozen craze will last) - but would be glad of any other suggestions to consider. I've not seen much that I like for DS yet though, there are various character ones (Spiderman etc.) but he's not really into those particularly so far. Thanks for any ideas!

MoonlightandMistletoe Wed 17-Dec-14 21:11:04

DM bought all of the various grandchildren a character umbrella each from Mothercare a couple of years ago - they are all still surviving 3GC), so relatively sturdy. Might be worth checking what they have in at the moment?

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Wed 17-Dec-14 22:35:07

Update - I got some today! I got DD the colour-changing one cos she will find that really cool I think. Then I got lucky in another shop and managed to find a Hatley one which is navy with dinosaur skeletons/fossils on which should be right up DS's street! So feeling quite smug now grin

MoonlightandMistletoe Wed 17-Dec-14 23:15:00

And rightly so! You should probably have one of these too - wine fgrin

AliMonkey Wed 17-Dec-14 23:28:22

Good choice - we have had the colour changing ones for 2 years and they are still going strong

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 18-Dec-14 18:49:10

Thanks Monkey that's good to know!

And yes I did have wine grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: