Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know where to get good kids' umbrellas please?

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 16-Dec-14 23:08:00

DD (4) is desperate for an umbrella for Christmas, and if she gets one DS (7) will probably want one too. I would like to get ones that aren't likely to break in the first 2 seconds though, or can be exchanged easily if they do.

So far I am considering either an M&S colour-changing one or a Frozen one for DD (though not sure how much longer the Frozen craze will last) - but would be glad of any other suggestions to consider. I've not seen much that I like for DS yet though, there are various character ones (Spiderman etc.) but he's not really into those particularly so far. Thanks for any ideas!

MoonlightandMistletoe Wed 17-Dec-14 21:11:04

DM bought all of the various grandchildren a character umbrella each from Mothercare a couple of years ago - they are all still surviving 3GC), so relatively sturdy. Might be worth checking what they have in at the moment?

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Wed 17-Dec-14 22:35:07

Update - I got some today! I got DD the colour-changing one cos she will find that really cool I think. Then I got lucky in another shop and managed to find a Hatley one which is navy with dinosaur skeletons/fossils on which should be right up DS's street! So feeling quite smug now grin

MoonlightandMistletoe Wed 17-Dec-14 23:15:00

And rightly so! You should probably have one of these too - wine fgrin

AliMonkey Wed 17-Dec-14 23:28:22

Good choice - we have had the colour changing ones for 2 years and they are still going strong

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 18-Dec-14 18:49:10

Thanks Monkey that's good to know!

And yes I did have wine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now